Wardrobe Malfunction

boop3

Hi Everyone!

Thought I would share my recent wardrobe malfunction I had on my last cruise.

Prior to the cruise I went to Macy's and bought this very pretty dress on sale. We would be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary while on the cruise. I tried it on at Macy's bought it and brought it home. I cut the store tags off and covered it back up with the Macy's bag and then packed it for the cruise.

Fast forward to formal night and anniversary night. I was all made up and ready to go standing in my bathrobe. Pulled the dress out of the closet and took the bag off and the security tag was still attached!!!!! Right on the side where it could be seen.

So DH grabbed the dress and went to the Concierge and then down to the ships stores to see if they could remove it. Sadly they did not have the right tool. Fortunately I had a plan "B" out fit and wore that. To say I was furious and disappointed would be putting it mildly!

After we got home I took it back to Macy's. As mad as I was I decided to take a nice approach first. Told my story to the sales clerk. She immediately apologized. She called the manager over. I explained to the manager what happened she saw the tag and said " we are going to make this up to you right now!" Long story short they refunded me 70% of the dress and took the tag off of course. I was chatting with both the clerk and manager and said I really love the Godiva chocolate they keep by the cash registers. The manager handed me a small box and thanked me for being so nice.

I got 70% back in cash and some goodies!

So ladies the morale of the story is to double check your out fits prior to leaving home. I walked in and out of Macy's a total of 4 times with out the alarm going off!

Have a great day!

Nora

Well, congrats on your refund and getting chocolate too :)

I've had tags like that left on and it's a wonder they don't go off when you leave the store! Would make life so much easier not to have to return.

But I wash or dry clean everything I purchase, so I catch those mishaps, I just can't wear anything brand new without cleaning it first. Don't like the feel of the sizing in new clothes and can't stand the thought of all the other people who have perhaps tried it on prior to me. Weird or no?

Sorry that happened to you and glad you ad a plan B and that your vacation wasn't ruined (or your night).

I think you had a great attitude when you took the dress back and I am happy to hear that Macy's responded so well.

Isn't that aggravating?? Happened with me and a bathing suit, once....thankfully, I was still at home in my town when I noticed it. However, while the alarm didn't ring when I LEFT the store, it sure did when I came back in to get the security device removed!

The other morale to your story is to return things with a good attitude instead of being nasty. You probably were nicer than others might be in returning things so they were happy do help you out. I think it's great you still had the good attitude to have a nice time even though you had a problem with your Plan "A" dress.:D

Thanks everyone!

Now I have heard so many stories from people getting home and finding the tags on.

Years ago I walked out of a store with a tag left on. Then walked into another to set their alarms off. Talk about embarassing. People jumping at the alarm blaring and looking at me!

Lesson learned. Check everything twice before you leave!

Nora

My sisters and I were shopping the other day. Every single store we walked out of we beeped and every time we stopped to see if they wanted to check our bags. Nope, they told us it was fine, or there was no one around, make you wish you had stolen something lol. We checked all our gear ourselves and no tags or anything, so got no idea what was setting it off.

My cruise malfunction was my bra. I tried it on with my dress about a week before the bra straps lined up perfectly with the dress strapes. At the last minute i bought a new bra, exact same size, color, brand, store, everything. Put it on with my dress for formal night and the straps didn't line up, they were no way even close. My skin is lightly tanned and the bra was cream and the dress was light pink but they still stood out. In the end i tucked the straps into the cups and wore it as a strapless even though it was a flimsy bra. Lucky for me the bust area of the dress had layers of fabric so you couldn't see the sagging, lol

Archived