which deck???

Can anyone give advice on choosing which deck and part of a ship is best? If your on a deck above or below the bars and lounges do you hear a lot of noise? Is the front of ship or back better for not feeling movement if sea is rough? Am trying to make decisions and i haven't got a clue!!!

Hiya

The middle of the ship is the best place to be in my opinion, you don't feel the movement as much as at the front or rear. We always look at the deck plans and chose a cabin which has cabins below and above us, it tends to be quieter than if you have the public areas above.

HELP PLEASE I'm trying to decide the best deck on the new Majesty we had a cabin booked on the Destiny in a place I was happy with now thats all gone out the window .

my criteria - Not the bottom deck , I want an outside unobstructed, Mid ship , cabins below and cabins above . Im thinking deck 8 looks good but could be too high up do you feel the ship move more the higher you are ? Also what are cabins like on a promanade deck? can people see in your window? have you got a view are you higher than the ships side?

I need to think quickly so I can re book when we are allowed.

I await some good advice fron seasoned cruisers

Last time we booked a cabin we opted for 3145 and above us was the library and it was mid ships .

Next week is pot luck as last min booking ,just hope we drop on a room as good this time .:)

HELP PLEASE I'm trying to decide the best deck on the new Majesty we had a cabin booked on the Destiny in a place I was happy with now thats all gone out the window .

my criteria - Not the bottom deck , I want an outside unobstructed, Mid ship , cabins below and cabins above . Im thinking deck 8 looks good but could be too high up do you feel the ship move more the higher you are ? Also what are cabins like on a promanade deck? can people see in your window? have you got a view are you higher than the ships side?

I need to think quickly so I can re book when we are allowed.

I await some good advice fron seasoned cruisers

looking at the deckplan it looks like either deck 7 forward or deck 8. As far as movement is concerned the nearer the middle the less ship pitching movement. higher decks will experience more movement when the ship rolls.

deck 6 looks OK to me, especially the back half of the cabins which are above the 'atrium' etc so thsere should be no late night noise.

We had booked a cabin on Deck 4 of Destiny. Our new confirmation arrived today and we were able to choose our cabin..... it was not that easy! You can only choose a cabin on the decks they give you. We were told decks 8 or 9. We would have liked deck 6 but this option was not available to us as, although it appears to be in a comparable position, cabins on this deck are much more expensive. We may be given the option of changing decks (at a price) but not until 2nd April. My advice would be to phone the help line and see what your options are and choose from there. Good luck!

Ours just arrived at the Travel Agent today and they rang me straight away. The new confirmation has a new reference number and once you have that you are given a freefone number to call to book your choice of cabin. We have friends on the same cruise who booked direct with Thomson on line and they have not yet been advised of the change of ship. By the way - we were told during the week that it would be Mon before we could book cabin but I did ours this afternoon.

Middle and low down has the least movement.

As to which deck its all just a matter of money. The higher up the more money.

Which is just harking back to the early days of cruising, when the less affluent had cabins at the bottom of the ship, hence the lower classes. So the richer you were the higher up the ship your cabin was.

All totally meaningless and irrevelant now as most cabins apart from suites are the same. Though some people still think that they are better than others if they have a cabin on a higher deck.:rolleyes:

We sail June 1st its my Birthday on the 3rd so this was to be a celebration cruise but I no longer feel that way.

We had an original cabin on the Destiny Deck 3 we chose this as I had a criteria .not bottom deck .not above or below public space just cabins . outside. midship. unobstructed.

We were offered deck 3 or 4 on the Majesty my travel agent did her best to get Thomson to give us another deck but they wouldnt move an inch.

So we have booked deck 4 outside plus cabin sleeps 3 under the reception area and library the best of a bad bunch to choose from .

I will be writing to Thomson again I want their assurance that I will not be desturbed by noise above

Where are you hoping to have a cabin?

We sail June 1st its my Birthday on the 3rd so this was to be a celebration cruise but I no longer feel that way.

We had an original cabin on the Destiny Deck 3 we chose this as I had a criteria .not bottom deck .not above or below public space just cabins . outside. midship. unobstructed.

We were offered deck 3 or 4 on the Majesty my travel agent did her best to get Thomson to give us another deck but they wouldnt move an inch.

So we have booked deck 4 outside plus cabin sleeps 3 under the reception area and library the best of a bad bunch to choose from .

I will be writing to Thomson again I want their assurance that I will not be desturbed by noise above

Where are you hoping to have a cabin?

I know you are disappointed - so am I as this is my first cruise too and this has occupied my mind since I learned of the change of ship. I actually think you have got a good alternative position. I am booked for inside deck 4 on the Destiny (like you I had the same criteria but went for an inside room rather than outside on the advice of a friend).

We are not travelling until 31st August so have to wait longer for a new invoice but the TA has already told us we will be offered deck 6,7, or 8. Problem is there are inside rooms only on deck 6. There are none on deck 8 and only 2 doubles beside the lifts on deck 7. I have picked out 8 internal cabins on deck 6, above the library and below cabins and hope to get one of those.

However, an 'upgrade' to outside, midships on deck 4 where you are would also be good for me because it is roughly the position I had originally booked but in an outside cabin. Am prepared to pay the extra supplement too now!!

I hope you have a very happy birthday cruise and let everyone on here know how you get on, on the Majesty.

I wanted deck 8 this looked the best choice we havnt been given the option to upgrade further we need to wait till everyone else who has pre booked has booked again . Many people who booked insides are being offered outsides because I think the Majesty has less insides so you might get a better deal unless you want inside for a reason ?

I wanted deck 8 this looked the best choice we havnt been given the option to upgrade further we need to wait till everyone else who has pre booked has booked again . Many people who booked insides are being offered outsides because I think the Majesty has less insides so you might get a better deal unless you want inside for a reason ?

I'm totally and utterly confused with all of this because for some people (perhaps many people) there are simply no matching cabins. I have printed off the Louis Majesty deck plans in case they disappear from the Louis site soon. I hoped they would be useful when my time comes to negotiate our new cabins:rolleyes:

We would now be pleased to have an outside cabin on the Majesty as we have had further advice regarding the advs and disads of inside and outside cabins.

By the way (I think you asked way back about the promenade deck) I am sure that I have read somewhere that the windows on the promenade deck are blacked out so people walking past cannot see in but I wonder how much one can see out past the "wall" which must be there to stop people falling off the ship. LOL

Also, deck 8 has lots of obstructed views so watch out for them.

I think I cannot do anything now but wait for the TA to tell us she has got our new invoice and cabin numbers except that is, to keep checking back here to see what other people are doing/experiencing. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences.

Been given deck 8/9 on Majesty, i decided to pre book a cabin as i preferred deck 8 and wanted an unobstructed view. Have chosen my cabin (though there wasnt that many to choose from as people who had already prebooked a cabin on Destiny choose first, which is fine). Am glad to be sorted, now i can just look forward to it. Hope everyone gets sorted with some satisfaction.

Archived