Bringing your own wine

baldcruiser

I am sure this question has been asked before, but what is Celebrity's policy about bringing your own win on board and how strict are they about enforcing it?

Hi, last year it was 1 bottle of wine each on embarkation day only. Not sure how strict they are as we didn't try to cheat and I know that I would have been stressed trying to smuggle any on board!

We were allowed to take on as much water as we wanted to and on some days we took on 6 2 litre bottles ------ a much cheaper option than buying their package as they only cost us 1 Euro per bottle !

Happy cruising

I am sure this question has been asked before, but what is Celebrity's policy about bringing your own win on board and how strict are they about enforcing it?

HI BALDCRUISER,

Yes asked and answered many many times (remember these CC Boards are also Searchable)

Anyways, check out this past topic that has lots of good info, including a post I did that shows the "actual as printed" policy for 2012... and what our experience was on our recent cruise (January 2012 onboard the Sosltice out of Fort Lauderdale) in regards to enforcement.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1556532

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

PS... The hassle and embarassment of getting caught (called to the Naughty Room) isn't just worth if for many any more now that Celebrity has so many great options for Beverage Packages (Water - Pop - Non-Alcholic - Alcoholic - Stateroom Bar Set-ups - Cellar Master Cards - Wine Bottle Packages - or just going ala carte). There really is something for everyone and every budget... plus a very generous allowance of bringing onboard 2 Bottles of Wine, and Bottled Water, Pop or Juice

Took 24 DR Peppers on Hawaii X cruise

DH doesn't drink, but does not drink any Coke products. He likes Pepsi and Ginger Ale. That's pretty much it. So, seeing that they sell Coke, looks like he is going to have to be pretty happy with the tea in the AC rooms.

Is the tea freshly brewed? I hope it is unsweetened....he said "Canadians never put sugar in their tea!" (iced or hot)

Thanks...

Dawn

DH doesn't drink, but does not drink any Coke products. He likes Pepsi and Ginger Ale. That's pretty much it. So, seeing that they sell Coke, looks like he is going to have to be pretty happy with the tea in the AC rooms.

Is the tea freshly brewed? I hope it is unsweetened....he said "Canadians never put sugar in their tea!" (iced or hot)

Thanks...

Dawn

HI KYMBAKITTY,

Don't know where you heard that... :rolleyes:

Thats like saying Americans only drink tea with lemon... also not true.

Ice Tea "can be" gotten here though both sweeted and unsweeted... as different people prefer them to their own liking... maybe that is what he meant.

Cheers!

The policy is 2 bottles of wine per stateroom on initial embarkation only.

I usually take 2-4 bottles myself, and my wife takes 2 bottles in our carryon and go thru separate x-ray screeing machines. Never had a problem bringing on my wine.

HI BALDCRUISER,

Yes asked and answered many many times (remember these CC Boards are also Searchable)

Anyways, check out this past topic that has lots of good info, including a post I did that shows the "actual as printed" policy for 2012... and what our experience was on our recent cruise (January 2012 onboard the Sosltice out of Fort Lauderdale) in regards to enforcement.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1556532

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

PS... The hassle and embarassment of getting caught (called to the Naughty Room) isn't just worth if for many any more now that Celebrity has so many great options for Beverage Packages (Water - Pop - Non-Alcholic - Alcoholic - Stateroom Bar Set-ups - Cellar Master Cards - Wine Bottle Packages - or just going ala carte). There really is something for everyone and every budget... plus a very generous allowance of bringing onboard 2 Bottles of Wine, and Bottled Water, Pop or Juice

If you are not being paid by Celebrity you should be.

Archived