Royal Palms Beach/Blue Water Beach Parasailing questions

Marcys

My family wants to go parasailing in Grand Cayman. Since Blue Water Beach Parasailing will pick up for free at the dock, I thought this would save on a taxi fare for a family of 4 to Sea Grape to go parasailing there.

After parasailing, they will drop us off at Royal Palms Beach. Is this a nice beach to spend the day? Does anyone know if there's shade or if we can rent an umbrella and chairs? Rates?

I know they have rebuilt since Ivan. Would be interested in having lunch there too or anywhere nearby if someone has recommendations.

Thanks!

Since I think Blue Water is located at Royal Palms Beach, that is probably correct.

I have not been there since Ivan, but it looks like they are pretty much done with the reconstruction. There are pictures/video on the website.

The Reef Grill might be a good choice for lunch.

http://www.reefgrill.com/Pages/index.html

FGor cruiseship visitors:

http://www.reefgrill.com/Pages/Cruise.html

My family would like to go parasailing as well, when we are in Grand Cayman on the Conquest in May. I'm having difficulty finding information about it though; can you help me out with some details? Thanks.

We were at Royal Palms Hotel beach 2 weeks ago. There is NO shade along the beach and no umbrella rental. Lounges are free. There is shade from large umbrellas on the patio of the outdoor bar/restaurant. I expected to be asked to buy something in order to sit in the shade at a table, but we were never approaced to do so. I did, however, go to the bar and buy 2 beers, $5 each. Also, if you go there, you should bring your water shoes as there are lots of rocks(not apparent when on the beach) after you enter the water.

Several people on our ship used Blue Water Beach. Very freindly guys with an awesome boat. They can actually drop you off anywhere along SMB, so if you want to go to sea grapes after just let them know. know other people that used some other parasilaing and had a bad experience and did not recommend.

Several people on our ship used Blue Water Beach. Very freindly guys with an awesome boat. They can actually drop you off anywhere along SMB, so if you want to go to sea grapes after just let them know. know other people that used some other parasilaing and had a bad experience and did not recommend.

Thanks for the good word about Blue Water. Do you know who the people with the bad expereince used? I know Red Sail Sports is all along 7 Mile Beach. Can I ask what the bad experience was??:eek:

Just a word to the wise with these guys. Although they are very nice and do a great job, dont pay them for the photographs that they take while you are parasailing. It is now a month after my wife and I went and we have not received them. We were told they would arrive 7-10 after we got home from our cruise. I have tried to e-mail them using the address on the business card they gave me and it was returned undeliverable.

We actually took a cab from the dock to some hotel ($3/per person)(maybe the Royal Palms) but not sure. They had a tent set up on the beach and that is where we went out from and back to. The guys that ran the boat were awesome (and quite good looking according to my wife :) ), helping both me and my wife on and off the boat, going over the instructions (the best one is "sorry you have to wear a life jacket, just a precaution in case the rope snaps while you are flying") and helping us around the boat to get ready to fly.

After making my post yesterday, I did find the email address that you referenced above and Lance answered me very quickly. He is the owner of the company and said that he would check into it and recitfy the problem. Still no pictures, but some awsome memories of flying over that beautiful blue water.

They are first-come, first-served. Since this is what my teens really want to do in GC I contacted them. Lance said they would give us priority since I e-mailed and offered to pick us up at the dock. I went ahead and booked with them (no deposit) since this saves a taxi fare. They'll then drop us off at the Roayal Palms.

Hello All

We at Blue Water Beach Parasailing appreciate the kind words expressed by those of you that have flown with us. We try our very best to make sure that every person that rides with us has a fantastic experience. To that end, as the primary owner of the entity, I have assembled the best assets available.....both in terms of crew and boats. Our crew includes my brothers Kyle(shuttle boat captain) and Chance(first mate on Zeus) and also Ryan Ostberg(Zeus captain), a family friend from Canada. Clearly I have a bias when speaking accolades regarding my brothers and a family friend, so I would default to the people who have flown with us to judge our personalities and character. I will, however, comment on our work ethic, safety precautions and quality of flight. Our boats are the first in the water and the last out of the water. We start at 6 am so that our boats are ready for 8 am flights and end when no one is left on the beach. Regarding our safety, we are extremely conservative. We will only fly when wind conditions are safe (sub 20 mph with no major gusts). We also fly further off shore than others to insure that there are no abnormal gusts from buildings or trees. The transfer of our passengers is done while the shuttle boat is secured with the big boat and the parachute is deflated. Regarding quality of flight, we fly a figure 8 pattern to maximize the view for those who fly with us instead of just letting the rope out and reeling you back in behind the boat. Obviously transferring passengers while both boats are moving, flying closer to shore and flying a more mundane pattern would conserve our boats and reduce fuel costs, but we go out of our way to make sure all experiences are safe and extraordinary. Our primary boat, Zeus, is second to none. Zeus is a canary yellow 2005 custom-made Ocean Pro, with a 310 hp diesel engine that is turbo charged and after cooled. Our gear and chutes are also new. Our camera is a Nikon D-100 SLR. Our flights are 8-10 minutes and total boat time is usually 30 to 60 minutes depending on how many people are flying. The pictures are burnt onto a CD and mailed from Cayman. We attempt to process the pictures every night and have them shipped out the next business day, but at times consecutive 12-hour days in 80-100 degree heat takes its toll and we do not get the pictures out immediately. However, we are continually attempting to improve our business protocol and appreciate candid feedback. The pictures usually turn out extraordinary given the nature of the content (vibrantly colored chute, crystal blue water and sky and priceless expressions as people take flight off of the back of Zeus!) and the quality of the camera. As has been stated in previous correspondence, we operate out of Royal Palms Beach, but can pick you up from anywhere on Seven Mile Beach or from the port.

Please contact either myself at lbeatch@bwbcayman.com or Kyle at (345) 525 5400 for reservations.

Kindest personal regards,

Lance.

Lance, I've been in touch with you by e-mail and am looking forward to parasailing with you on Thursday, June 16, from the Carnival Valor. As you requested, I will e-mail you the week prior to our sailing to confirm our plans.

Thanks for posting this great information about your company. Just be careful, this may be considered recommending and pushing your business by the Cruise Critic administrators and your post may not only disappear, but your privileges on this board revoked.:eek: Hate to see that happen!! There will be 3 of us parasailing and one observing. What are your prices for single and tandem rides and for just observing but not parasailing?

Thanks for the info!!

The pictures are outstanding. As Lance described above my and my wife's expression as we "lift off" are priceless. I was hoping there would be more pictures for the price that we paid, but hey everyone has to make a buck! Thank you Lance for your quick response. Kudos to you and your staff for making this an awesome memory that will soon not be forgotten.

Thanks for the good word about Blue Water. Do you know who the people with the bad expereince used? I know Red Sail Sports is all along 7 Mile Beach. Can I ask what the bad experience was??:eek:

Not sure the exact name of the other company, something to do with clouds I think. Bad experince was with the crew on the boat, hostile staff, etc.

Friends came back from cruise 2 wks ago and tried out Blue Water Beach and said it was great. Sounds like they are the ones to use!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived