Visiting new Disney Resort on Oahu

Dogsnotallowed

It is about 30 - 40 minutes by taxi, but why would you want to visit it unless you want to buy into the Disney Vacation Club? Usually access is limited to guests and members or people willing to take a tour to get you to buy.

Access is not limited to guests or members - they don't have a problem letting anyone onto the grounds but you can't use any of the water facilities that they have here. You can have lunch but I will warn you that it is pretty pricey - we paid $100 for two at the buffet for dinner one night that we were staying there.

You can see my photos of Aulani if you want at

http://community.webshots.com/user/lv2bgoofy

It is beautiful but not sure you want to take a taxi out to it and if you rent a car then there is a $35 parking charge unless you buy something at Aulani.

IMHO there is so much more to Oahau than the Mouse.

If you really are DIY, think about a rental car and drive 1/2 the island; Diamond Head, Pearl Harbor/Arizona, polynesian cultural center, waikiki. I'm sure the new resort is neat but it is hawaii after all :D

My mom and I want to make our own shore excursion when we dock on Oahu in a few weeks (Star Princess from SF). Has anyone done this? Is the best way to get there by taxi? How far is it? Thanks!

We are definitely Disney people but since this is SO far from the ship we will keep it for our next "fly over' visit to Hawaii. I figured it would be expensive - we like to stay at the Grand Californian while at Disneyland and that costs $$$. My dad took me the first year Dland was open and we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for $9 a night - prices sure have gone up!

Archived