New to cruising, need opinions on upgrade on Elation:)

sukyrin

I am currently on the main deck. I called today because there was a price drop. They offered me an upgrade to the Empress deck.

Should I change?

My reason for asking is because when we booked, the person who booked told my husband the main deck is best for first cruisers due to the motion of the boat.

This is where I need your opinions, seeing as all of this is Greek to me:)

Depends on what cabin number they offer you. I suffer from motion sickness and I try to stay towards the bottom, but the Empress deck is only 2 decks up from the Main deck so you won't feel that much more movement. For me, its best to stay in the middle of the ship by cabin number, not so much by deck.

What cabin number do you have on the main deck and which one are you looking at on the Empress?

Both E152 or E156 are midship, but they are under the galley. Not sure if that is good or bad. M77 is towards the front of the ship and you have cabins above and below you.

In my opinion (which doesn't count for a whole lot), I would stick with the cabin I already have. You are towards the front, but not at the very front. You have cabins above and below you, so no loud noises. I have never had a cabin below the galley, so I am not sure if there are lots of noises or not, but why take the chance? lol

Best of luck to you!!!

Archived