Just off liberty - no listing, propulsion problem and medical emergency.

USA41018

Just off Liberty. She arrived in Miami approximately 10:30 and debarkation began about 11:45. The Captain announced noon yesterday that the ship was experiencing propulsion problems which resulted in the cruising speed dropping to about 12-14 knots. Also, a crew member was experiencing a high fever and the medical staff was unable to determine the cause or remedy the situation. A medical evacuation by the coast guard took place about 6:00 pm. This also caused a delay in arrival.

The ship was never dead in the water or listing at any point. To my knowledge the ship never dropped below 12 knots. There was never a cause for alarm or danger of any sort. The delay resulted in a leisurely breakfast and pleasant morning watching the ship pull into port.

Just off Liberty. She arrived in Miami approximately 10:30 and debarkation began about 11:45. The Captain announced noon yesterday that the ship was experiencing propulsion problems which resulted in the cruising speed dropping to about 12-14 knots. Also, a crew member was experiencing a high fever and the medical staff was unable to determine the cause or remedy the situation. A medical evacuation by the coast guard took place about 6:00 pm. This also caused a delay in arrival.

The ship was never dead in the water or listing at any point. To my knowledge the ship never dropped below 12 knots. There was never a cause for alarm or danger of any sort. The delay resulted in a leisurely breakfast and pleasant morning watching the ship pull into port.

It is always good to get an insiders point instead of the usually. Thanks for sharing.

OceanDreams

Was there any help from Carnival for those that missed their flights due to the very late arrival. I'm talking about those that booked their own flights - not Carnival booked flights.

In this case our 3rd party insurance might not cover it. If the cruise was supposed to arrive at 8 AM and arrived at 10:30 AM it would not be covered as it would have been only a 2-1/2 hr. delay. The trip delay coverage kicks in after 3 hr. delay. I'm not sure what time the ship was supposed to dock.

Carnival opened the phone lines around noon Friday in order for passengers to notify friends and family of arrival times and also to change flights. If fees are incurred for flight changes, Carnival will reimburse up to $200.

Also many passengers were allowed to disembark first to catch early flights.

Carnival opened the phone lines around noon Friday in order for passengers to notify friends and family of arrival times and also to change flights. If fees are incurred for flight changes, Carnival will reimburse up to $200.

Also many passengers were allowed to disembark first to catch early flights.

Did this also apply to those that booked their own flights independently? Not through Carnival?

Did this also apply to those that booked their own flights independently? Not through Carnival?

I believe if you booked air thru Carnival they would be taking care of all extra fees or charges... so the $200pp applies to people who did not book air thru Carnival.

If this in incorrect I am sure I will be corrected...;)

Archived