Fridge in cabin on Veendam?

RedSox5

Hi everyone!

Quick question- are there refrigerators in the cabins (we booked a guaranteed NN, but haven't learned of our actual cabin number yet) on the Veendam? I have to eat a gluten free diet and would like to bring a few gluten free items (hamburger buns, hot dog buns, etc.) on board and they last much longer if refrigerated.

Wonderful, thanks.

Next question (kind of a silly question, but why not ask...):

Are the ones you can rent small enough where we can have it in the room without stepping over it, or it being in the way all week? Since there isn't a permanent, 'designated' spot for a fridge, I wouldn't bother if it was going to drive us crazy all week.

Are the ones you can rent small enough where we can have it in the room without stepping over it,

They're the same size as the permanent ones, and generally goes in the desk knee-hole ... and uses the only 110v outlet there.

They're the same size as the permanent ones, and generally goes in the desk knee-hole ... and uses the only 110v outlet there.

Ok, great- thank you so much.

I'm picturing a 'college-sized' refrigerator.

Do we have to request the fridge prior to the cruise, or can we wait until we see our cabin and then decide to request one once on board?

Do we have to request the fridge prior to the cruise, or can we wait until we see our cabin and then decide to request one once on board?

They're in limited supply, so if you don't pre-order you may be out of luck. I suggest you order one, and if it's too much in the way you can have it removed, and you'd only have wasted $14! :)

HAL will accommodate your gluten free diet. I believe you need to contact them beforehand with your restrictions.

Yes, I have contacted them. There are some certain products that I'd like to bring on board because we usually don't go to the MDR for breakfast/lunch and it's easier to order a burger with no bun and put it on my own bun than track down the right person and wait for him to go get a gluten free bun. Thanks.

Archived