Solstice Inside Cabins

airlinerob

Hi All -

Does anyone have any experience with inside cabins on the Solstice?

Here are the cabins I have to choose from. Any suggestions?

Penthouse Deck - 1530, 1534, 1536

Sky Deck - 1140, 1152, 1156, 1160, 1164, 1031, 1032, 1033, 1035, 1037, 1039, 1041, 1043, 1045, 1047

Any areas better than others? It will only be my second time in an inside cabin.

Robert

Does anyone have any experience with inside cabins on the Solstice? Any areas better than others? It will only be my second time in an inside cabin. Robert

Where are you planning to cruise? When?? Depending on where you are going and when you are booking, in many cases, the price difference between an inside room and either an outside looking room or balcony is not that large. This is especially true for many of the Solstice-class ships. Most of the locations are fairly good and the ship is easy to navigate, get around on, etc. You want to save money, BUT, it is also helpful to see outside, where you are sailing, getting some of that energizing sunshine, etc.

Since you have not done one of these well-designed Celebrity Solstice ships, you are in for a treat if you sail on one of them. Below are a few of my photo examples to give you a little free preview sampling. You can see many more details and visuals for the entertainment, food, features, etc., from these Solstice-type ship from my live/blog below.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 68,427 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Many times at the pool in the afternoons, the “party band” was going at it with great tunes, adding to the fun and excitement around the pool area. Just like done by some famous California pop groups, we were hearing “fun, fun, fun” underneath the sun!!:

SolsticePartyBandAtPool.jpg

Here’s another sample of the pools and the activities around this key hub area of the Solstice.:

SolsticeMainPoolGuyWatching.jpg

The Solarium was one of our favorite areas on the Solstice. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design are there as a part of this sparkling ship facility.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg

On the top, back of the Solstice, here is a wider view of Corning Hot Glass show area, plus the green grass and the unique covering designs for this special area of the ship.:

SolsticeGlassGrassBack.jpg

In the top, back area near the Sunset Bar with live grass, some enjoy this area by reading, playing on the lawn or sun-bathing there. Usually, it’s not too crowded!:

SolsticeLawnBackSunSoaking.jpg

For the handy and quick Oceanview Cafe buffet, here is one visual sample showing how large and open are these various serving areas. This area includes getting items from the pizza-pasta bar area, various hot and cold items, free tea and juice machines, etc.:

SolsticeOceanviewBuffet1.jpg

Hi All -

Does anyone have any experience with inside cabins on the Solstice?

Here are the cabins I have to choose from. Any suggestions?

Penthouse Deck - 1530, 1534, 1536

Sky Deck - 1140, 1152, 1156, 1160, 1164, 1031, 1032, 1033, 1035, 1037, 1039, 1041, 1043, 1045, 1047

Any areas better than others? It will only be my second time in an inside cabin.

Robert

Hi Robert,:) I have not stayed in any of them but I have a friend

who stayed in one of those on the PH deck and she said it was very

quiet. I do know the location of those 3 are on the deck with all

AQ cabins....I was in 1521 a couple of years ago. It is a quiet area.

I can't help you with the one's on Sky Deck but if I was to book

an inside I would look at them as well as the ones on Plaza Deck

near the Passport Bar.

Oh even though they are on the same deck with AQ, the insides are

not that category.

The picture where people are sitting in chairs & others sunbathing on the grass, is that part of the lawn club where there is a fee or can anyone enjoy that area of the ship?

Just curious since we cruise in alittle over 2 weeks on the Silhouette.

The picture where people are sitting in chairs & others sunbathing on the grass, is that part of the lawn club where there is a fee or can anyone enjoy that area of the ship?

Just curious since we cruise in alittle over 2 weeks on the Silhouette.

Hello,:) that area is no charge. I love those chairs up there....having

a drink, reading a book, or just overlooking the water. It is a place

that anyone can enjoy:)

Hello,:) that area is no charge. I love those chairs up there....having

a drink, reading a book, or just overlooking the water. It is a place

that anyone can enjoy:)

Great, thanks for your reply. I will enjoy that area.

Hello,:) that area is no charge. I love those chairs up there....having a drink, reading a book, or just overlooking the water. It is a place that anyone can enjoy:)

YES! As Lois notes, that area is free, open to all, very relaxing, etc., etc. The good news is that, generally, it does not too busy or crowded up there. I also like the back of the ship off of the Oceanview Cafe for eating out, relaxing, enjoying the open air, etc. See an example below.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 68,427 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Here is the view from the back of the ship near the Oceanview Cafe as the Solstice makes a turn in the Mediterranean Sea between Italy and Sicily. Loved hearing the water and watching the action at sea.:

SolsticeWatchBackTurnOfShip.jpg

Archived