Why So Many Posts Concerned About Spring Breakers?

I board the Mariner today:D for my 8th consecutive Spring Break cruise. Even though we don't have children, I work in an elementary school so if we want to cruise, SB is when we have to go! We've only had a problem with out-of-control children once, and that was with a pack of 14-17ish kids who literally made everyone's life miserable while their parents took a vacation from parenting.:mad:

That said, the ships are much more crowded at Spring Break because many of the 3rd and 4th berths are taken. Our SB cruises have had between 1,000-1,300 children on them. Cruises from Galveston also sharply increase in price for Spring Break. If you don't have to cruise during SB, I can see lots of reasons to avoid it, but I don't find it to be the horror people imagine it to be.

My Teen D is on your cruise with family friends hopefully she will be on her best behavior. She is usually complaining to us about the unruly kids on board lol

Seems like everyone is terified of running into kids on their cruise. I have cruised in spring and never had an issue with kids on a ship.

On most cruises I never even see kids. They must hide them somewhere with the stowaways on the ship! Those kids clubs really must do an awesome job of entertaining them.

Is it really that horrible?

Yep.

6717294343_23bf9e2892_z.jpg

26 Unaccompanied Children by vbkathy, on Flickr

Well you have 2 choices from what I can see.

1- whine about it

2- use another hot tub

Archived