Why So Many Posts Concerned About Spring Breakers?

Pretty funny when someone spends their hard earned money and has a preference as to what type/atmosphere they would most like on their vacation - someone chimes up and says you shouldn't be concerned or go somewhere else.

You know when someone says I want to stay away from spring break cruises someone says find another cruise line because RCI is a family line.

Well I have seen some of the kids that people have been talking about - sitting on the stairs blocking people from coming down and then looking at you like you have the problem. If I don't have to deal with that I will search for a cruise on the cruise line that I choose and the time frame that I desire.

So yes I can make my own decisions regarding my cruise or any vacation.

But if you are willing to pay my way onto a ship I would be glad to accept.

I certainly didn't and I'm 42. Not all of us are drinkers. I still am not. I can still count the number of times I've been drunk in my life on my hands and can tell you where/when every time was. I didn't do drugs or alcohol or do anything I wasn't supposed to at such a young age.

I promise I will never complain about you sitting in your corner knitting or reading, if you will not complain about us drinking and having our kind of fun.

Pretty funny when someone spends their hard earned money and has a preference as to what type/atmosphere they would most like on their vacation - someone chimes up and says you shouldn't be concerned or go somewhere else.

You know when someone says I want to stay away from spring break cruises someone says find another cruise line because RCI is a family line.

Well I have seen some of the kids that people have been talking about - sitting on the stairs blocking people from coming down and then looking at you like you have the problem. If I don't have to deal with that I will search for a cruise on the cruise line that I choose and the time frame that I desire.

So yes I can make my own decisions regarding my cruise or any vacation.

But if you are willing to pay my way onto a ship I would be glad to accept.

You have every right to... but so do they. You know what your getting into and do it freely..

SO don't complain about what you KNOW your getting into. Kinda stupid isnt it?

It is like "I know if I stick my hand in this... it will break a finger.. but I'm going to do it anyway and complain like it is going out of style when I do"

On my first cruise, in June 2008, we were told there were over 600 kids on board. Thats a BUNCH of kids on a ship that only holds about 1500 passengers :eek:

Honestly, I wouldnt have guessed there were 50. I dont know where they are were on such a small ship but the only time it was an issue was on a Sea day and the postage stamp sized pool being stuffed. I dont usually use the pools anyway so it wasnt a big deal to me.

The only thing that bothers me about the little ones are the ones that like to mash all the buttons in the elevators and run out laughing and I have seen that on ever cruise I have ever been on.........as someone in a wheelchair that already faces a challenging and crowded elevator situation, this only compounds the problem.

I try to take it all in stride though and not let it ruin my vacation.

I HAVE ZERO DESIRE to sail with a bunch of drunken, rowdy college students.......Im 20 years past that stage in life and just dont care to be around it.

I do have to admit though, watching the idiots get tossed off the ship for doing stupid stuff would be quality entertainment

On my first cruise, in June 2008, we were told there were over 600 kids on board. Thats a BUNCH of kids on a ship that only holds about 1500 passengers :eek:

Honestly, I wouldnt have guessed there were 50. I dont know where they are were on such a small ship but the only time it was an issue was on a Sea day and the postage stamp sized pool being stuffed. I dont usually use the pools anyway so it wasnt a big deal to me.

The only thing that bothers me about the little ones are the ones that like to mash all the buttons in the elevators and run out laughing and I have seen that on ever cruise I have ever been on.........as someone in a wheelchair that already faces a challenging and crowded elevator situation, this only compounds the problem.

I try to take it all in stride though and not let it ruin my vacation.

I HAVE ZERO DESIRE to sail with a bunch of drunken, rowdy college students.......Im 20 years past that stage in life and just dont care to be around it.

I do have to admit though, watching the idiots get tossed off the ship for doing stupid stuff would be quality entertainment

Perfect attitude in my opinion.... dont try to hang out where undesireable (by your standards) activity will be happening, and dont let stupid things ruin your vacation!!

I promise I will never complain about you sitting in your corner knitting or reading, if you will not complain about us drinking and having our kind of fun.

:confused::confused::confused: So not drinking equals knitting in the corner?

:confused::confused::confused: So not drinking equals knitting in the corner?

OR reading... honestly I have no idea.. but the thought process of it is I wont bother you if you dont bother me..

I never even thought about it being spring break for the college kids when we booked our cruise and I have two of them myself. Yes I am concerned that the solarium areas will be taken over by college kids and I will have to find somewhere else to sit in the sun. Can't be helped at this point, if it is annoying then we will make different choices next time. That said I would not be comfortable hanging out and partying with my kids if they chose to be drunk and obnoxious either.....

And you NEVER drank under 21 right? Or got a little roudy?

Sure, just about everyone did ... but not in a pack of 40, not depriving others of their right to peaceful enjoyment of their vacation, and not half-blitzed by mid-morning. What concerned me as much was the fact that the Royal Caribbean staff couldn't control the situation ... or rather chose to ignore it, in the hope it would go away (it didn't). So now we opt to cruise when these folks don't.

You have every right to... but so do they. You know what your getting into and do it freely..

SO don't complain about what you KNOW your getting into. Kinda stupid isnt it?

It is like "I know if I stick my hand in this... it will break a finger.. but I'm going to do it anyway and complain like it is going out of style when I do"

Sorry if you misread my reply - the subject was regarding people not choosing to go on a ship during spring break. Not going on a spring break cruise and not liking it.

I was saying that the choice I make is not to go on spring break cruises and usually just making that statement causes people to question why not or I never had a problem on those cruises do you hate kids - and stuff like that.

Also, when someone discloses an incident or two of what happened to them it is not necessarily complaining but more a way of conveying their point of view to people who may not know anything about them.

Yes you are correct... you have no idea.:rolleyes:

Thanks for being honest.

Nor do I care what you do...

I ignore you and I would appreciate it if you ignored me if I was doing something you did not "approve" of

Sorry if you misread my reply - the subject was regarding people not choosing to go on a ship during spring break. Not going on a spring break cruise and not liking it.

I was saying that the choice I make is not to go on spring break cruises and usually just making that statement causes people to question why not or I never had a problem on those cruises do you hate kids - and stuff like that.

Also, when someone discloses an incident or two of what happened to them it is not necessarily complaining but more a way of conveying their point of view to people who may not know anything about them.

No I totally understand your point and appreciate your attitude.

What I don't understand is others demanding others conform to their ways because they don't like to see it, or it interferes with their time. Thinking since they paid their cruise fee, they think the cruise should cater to just them

I have cruised once during spring break. It was on Carnival. The college age kids were not an issue at all. The teens on the ship were another story but the blame goes to the parents for not doing their job to keep their kids under control.

We will be on the Jewel in a few weeks and I expect plenty of kids on board as it's Easter week. We have booked a nice cabin with a large balcony so I won't have to deal with a lot of kids during the day. Normally I steer clear of spring break.

I have cruised once during spring break. It was on Carnival. The college age kids were not an issue at all. The teens on the ship were another story but the blame goes to the parents for not doing their job to keep their kids under control.

We will be on the Jewel in a few weeks and I expect plenty of kids on board as it's Easter week. We have booked a nice cabin with a large balcony so I won't have to deal with a lot of kids during the day. Normally I steer clear of spring break.

Yet another person who FULLY KNOWS what they are getting into and adjusts their schedule instead of demanding others adjust theirs

BRAVO to you!

Nor do I care what you do...

I ignore you and I would appreciate it if you ignored me if I was doing something you did not "approve" of

Actually I do drink. I'm just saying, there is so much to do on a cruise besides knit or read a book if you are not a drinker.

Actually I do drink. I'm just saying, there is so much to do on a cruise besides knit or read a book if you are not a drinker.

Completely agree!!

My point is only you will never see me conplain about others drinking and having fun. If I don't like what is going on I will leave, not complain.

And if I don't like a particular ship, company, or time of year I will adjust not whine about it

Yes you are correct... you have no idea.:rolleyes:

Thanks for being honest.

I resisted the urge to say the same thing, instead reading to see if someone else did. If his thought process needs explaining, it must not be too deep.

Completely agree!!

My point is only you will never see me conplain about others drinking and having fun. If I don't like what is going on I will leave, not complain.

And if I don't like a particular ship, company, or time of year I will adjust not whine about it

Got ya!!

Cruise on!!!!!

I resisted the urge to say the same thing, instead reading to see if someone else did. If his thought process needs explaining, it must not be too deep.

Your powers to resist are impressive!

I never even thought about it being spring break for the college kids when we booked our cruise and I have two of them myself. Yes I am concerned that the solarium areas will be taken over by college kids and I will have to find somewhere else to sit in the sun. Can't be helped at this point, if it is annoying then we will make different choices next time. That said I would not be comfortable hanging out and partying with my kids if they chose to be drunk and obnoxious either.....

While College age adults have just as much right to the space in the solarium as any other adult, my observation from our last three spring break cruises is that they tend to congregate on the pool and sun decks. We rarely see the solarium "taken over" by anyone other than the traditional chair hogs:rolleyes:

I sure hope we are not giving first time cruisers these ships are moving daycare centers or frat houses. it really is not that bad.

Now, I can see how a unique situation like the Brazillian Spring Break cruise or the Quincinerra Cruise would be an extreme exception, but these are pretty rare.

I like to cruise during "sprng break" season. I don't have minor children.

I like to cruise this time of year because it is cheaper, it is not so hot on the islands, and there is less threat of hurricaines.

So, for the non spring break cruisers, do you also avoid summer break? What about Thanksgiving, Christmas? And how do you predict when the European children will be on their "Holiday" break. You would be eliminating much of the calendar wouldn't you?

There was one instance there were four teens in the adults only hot tub sitting on the ledge backwards looking out at the pool so I had a nice view of their backs instead of the festivities going on by the pool.

Who would actually remember this This was the highlight- or lowlight of your cruise. It's not that serious people ... really. Teens sitting backwards inthe hottub really put a damper on your vacation?

I had an some issues with too many kids on a cruise on the Explorer. This particular cruise had over seven time the average of kids on board.

They were stealing do not disturb and room service cards off peoples doors down the whole hallway(including Mine).

There was one instance there were four teens in the adults only hot tub sitting on the ledge backwards looking out at the pool so I had a nice view of their backs instead of the festivities going on by the pool.

I was standing by Studio B and some youngster was shouting something to me from the level above. When I looked up to see where it was coming from he said something like "yea thats right I'm talking to you".

They in no way ruined the cruise for me but certainly didn't enhance it.

These were just some of the issues.

Archived