10.00pm Voyager departure - what time boarding?

benona

I don't know for this sailing when boarding will begin. We had a late sailing once and boarding began at the usual time, i.e., 1:00 pm "officially", yet we boarded around 11:30 am. (We love getting on the ship and starting to explore. Just crossing the gangway - ahh the feeling - just wonderful.)

I'm leary of flying in on day of departure just in case there are baggage issues with the airline, flight delays, etc. If you will have to fly in on day of departure, I would definently fly in on the first flight of the day. Usually, early flights are less impacted by delays during the day. The later in the day, the more likely the cascading effect of flight issues earlier in the day will impact late flights.

Also, make sure you look at the on-time performance of the flight, and allow time for takeoff delays, landing delays, obtaining baggage (which can take 30 mins for baggage to arrive from aircraft), transportation time, waiting to get a cab, etc.

I don't know what time boarding will begin but I would say that last boarding would be 90minutes prior to sailing time(as per RCL rules - on my last cruise anyways)

The 90 Minutes is not RCI rules it is US Homeland Security, as Voyager is departing from Australia, US rules wont apply, although the Austrailians may have some rules of their own

Trying to plan my flights....Voyager departs Perth at 10.00pm...anyone know what time boarding would begin?

BTW - Anyone know why it would be leaving so late?

It probably leaves at 10 pm because it arrives at its first port, Adelaide, at 7 am. If it left 7 hours earlier it would arrive at midnight. No advantage there. You have to arrive at port when shore excursion start, not in the middle of the night.

PS. That is a great itinerary Wish I was going. .

The 90 Minutes is not RCI rules it is US Homeland Security, as Voyager is departing from Australia, US rules wont apply, although the Austrailians may have some rules of their own

Our documents for our Australia cruise state that we must check in at least 2 hours before sailing. It actually sounds like they are a little more restrictive. :cool:

Archived