ES question about additional ppl and OBC

Herbaltees

I wish someone could make a ES guide with FAQ for ES, because searching through the forum is too cumbersome.

With that said I have two questions:

1. We have three in a room now and received a $10 pp OBC. Another person wants to join us, if we move the third person from our room so the single won't have to pay the extra charge, how does that affect the price adjustment we already received?

2. If you received an OBC from one price drop and it drops further do they assume the "basis" is now the adjusted price? Ex: We paid $400pp for cruise. The price dropped to $350, we received $50 pp. Then dropped to $325. Would we receive $75 or $25 for the second price reduction?

1. Hmmmm....that question sounds a little complex, since as you stated, you got a price drop based on all 3 of you in the cabin. Is it too late to see if they have a quad cabin?

2. After your first price drop, the new lower price is the price you compare, so in your example, the second time, you'd get $25, not $75.

With ESA you can't move the 3rd person to another cabin. Basically, you are all booked in one cabin and have to stay that way. Changes are not allowed on ESA. The only way I can see that you could do that is to have the 3rd person cancel, and you would lose $50 and then try to rebook that person in the new cabin.

I don't know that you could cancel and rebook on one call as I think Carnival would find a reason to not allow that. If you cancelled, then rebooked on another call, your balance of the deposit would be applied to the final payment, and you would need to come up with a new deposit. I don't know what Carnival would do about the cabin as you are booked in a cabin for 3 and they reserve the right to move you to a cabin for 2 if that's all that are booked in the cabin.

Basically, ESA doesn't allow any changes and that is because the rates are usually lower than other rates. The rules, although a bit confusing, are on the carnival website.

As far as price drops, if the price for your cabin initially were $500, and you got a price break to $400, the cabin has to go down below the $400 for you to get either a lower final payment price, if before FP, or if after OBC.

ESA is quite restrictive and it's not for someone who could/might/would/possibly change.

Someone posted a thread Friday.. well two threads all upset because she wanted to take the 3rd pax from the cabin and downgrade them and put them in with one new pax and was pretty upset.

You might be allowed to do it as long as it was not a downgrade like she wanted to do.

She said Carnival terms on the confirmation email never stated she could not downgrade and that Carnival was not keeping up the terms of the contract etc..

but try it .. if you are willing to make a sideways or upgrade move, might be allowed to move 3rd pax.

Archived