ATlantis Day Pass HELP!!!

So we just booked the June 30th sailing, Eastern Caribbean on Oasis of the Seas. We will be in Nassau on July 1st I believe, we know for sure we would like to do Atlantis. Should we just spend the extra money and buy through RCI for the day passes or should we rent a room to get the included passes?

Also how big of a risk would it be to go there the day of and try to get day passes?

Botton line, is it worth to pay the RCI price? Will booking through a hotel be a breeze? Any information/comments/concerns are GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! :) thank you all!

Unless the schedule changes, Oasis will be in Nassau for just a short time. You may be able to disembark early in the morning, but I know you have to be back on board by 2:30 for 3:00 pm sailaway.

I don't know how much Atlantis costs, but think carefully about that cost if you're not going to get an entire day's worth.

We may go to the Sheraton there. The day passes are very reasonable and can only be purchased at the hotel.

Depending on how many are in your group, I suggest that you book a day with the Comfort Suites. We went on a cruise with Explorer summer of 2010 and for a family of 4, it was cheaper to pay for a room overnight in the Comfort Suites than to take the excursion with the cruise line, and we had full run of the resort. Now, we did not stay overnight of course, but it seemed the hotel was used to this- they made out as they didn't have to clean the room, we had a room to change into dry clothes before heading back to the ship and had full access to Atlantis. I would do this again in a heartbeat.

my concern is, we would love to do this excursion, but do you think the lines are long and will you get to do that many activities in such a short time? Also, I keep hearing about "the dig" what is that? Thanks

we had a hard time with this too! atlantis sells day passes for 130. we called them (but we are going to be there for a spring break week so she said they could be out).

then we looked into doing day passes at the hotel. for 5 of us it was about 200 bucks cheaper than the ships excursion. but then we'd have to get the taxi and it just seemed more trouble than we wanted.

we ultimately decided to spend much less and do the atlantis beach day.

we have done the aquaventure before and unlike most people we had a blast and felt like we got our moneys worth. and if you are going to use the pools and slides a good bit then go for it! it does blow my mind that you can get from st. thomas to st. john for 40 bucks but to spend the day at atlantis and do everything its close to 160 bucks!

good luck and enjoy whatever you choose to do!!

The "dig" is Atlantis's aquarium. We went there a few years ago and thought it was excellent! We had a nice tour and saw a bunch of nice things. Currently the price of the dig is $39 for adults and $29 for kids (4 - 12). It takes about an hour to do.

http://www.atlantis.com/thingstodo/marinehabitat/thedig.aspx

I did find this: If you want more info, go to the Bahamas link (Ports of call). You'll find BUNCHES of information there!!

Discover Atlantis Aquaventure Package:

. Adult Price: $120.00 (going up to $130 soon)

. Children (ages 4-12) Price: $80.00

. Included: Access to the Dig and other marine habitats, beaches and water park including: slides, pools, river rapids & private lagoons

. Not included: meals

. Availability: limited based on guest occupancy; sold on first come, first serve basis

Discover Atlantis Beach Day Package:

. Adult Price: $80.00 (this may have changed, I've seen post for a bit less).

. Children (ages 4-12) Price: $40.00

. Included: The Discover Atlantis Aquarium Tour, access to west beach and all marine habitats.

. Not Included: access to pools, slides and private lagoons, meals

. Availability: limited based on guest occupancy; sold on first come, first serve

Discover Atlantis Aquarium Tour:

. Adult Price: $39.00

. Children (ages 4-12) Price: $29.00

. Includes: access to predator lagoon, the dig, ruins lagoon

. Not included: access to beaches, pools, slides and private lagoons, meals

Lockers: In addition to these packages; guests can also rent lockers at the Day Visitor Center, located at the rear of the Mayan Temple. Guests will be charged $50 for any unreturned locker key (room charge or credit card only for lockers).

. Small Locker: $5.00

. Medium Locker: $7.00

. Large Locker: $10.00

Based on the day you are going, and the number of people in your party, it is sometimes cheaper to rent a room (max of 4 ppl) at Atlantis or Comfort Suites, or book a day pass at www.majestictourbahamas.com

(make sure you check the cancellation policy and details of each)

Pool and water park hours

In winter - pools open at 9am - close at 5pm

waterpark opens at 10am - closes at 4:15/4:30

In summer Pools open at 9 and close at 7

waterpark opens at 10am and close at 6

At this time, shuttle vans from port are $4pp. Water taxi is $4.

Return trip is $11 for 2 ppl $3 for ea add'l person in a union cab.

We took a cab to Atlantis and bought day passes directly from them and it included lunch. Super easy and quick and we had a wonderful day there.

How much was a day pass? In 2005 we stopped in Nassau and went inside to the restaurant and saw the fish through the windows. It was free, but now it's not?

I think it was 60pp, but that was in 2010. It included the dig, lunch, beaches, lounge chairs, free soda all day, and towels. We were not supposed to use the pools or slides, but no one checked the small pools along paths only the main ones near the waterslides. The dig is free after 6pm.

And the dig is def. Worth seeing. My son was only 3 when we went and he still talks about it. There are also really cool exhibits spread through the grounds such as the rope bridge that goes over a shark lagoon, stingray pools, and the shark tank where you can watch people go through on tubes and the waterslide. I have pics that I can post if anyone is interested.

agree that you should consider how much time you will have in port. Once we bought passes for 8, and actually had less than 4 hrs at Atlantis..by the time we loaded up the water taxi over and back.. etc, etc...

we had fun, but didnt think we got our moneys worth...:(

Archived