Email from Costa

norcalal

Got the email earlier this evening. Funny thing, I was reading the post about Carnival's poor earnings this quarter (no surprise there) and then it popped up in my iPad while I was reading, funny timing. I've been wanting to cruise a European itinerary (was looking at other lines too), but those tickets to Europe are crazy expensive. Like the per person cost of the cruise itself.

Got the same email. Looked at the cruises and decided that when I hit the lottery, I'm booking the 100 day around the world cruise they're offering!

If I were so inclined, I'd have no probem sailing Costa. I just prefer Carnival pricing (and the lower cost of actually getting to the port) at the moment.

I got the email, too. I thought the cruise prices were decent, but the airfare for the 4 of us would be more thanthe cruise. No thanks.

I have been getting lots of email deals from Costa, Holland America and Princess. But nothing, not one thing from Carnival! What's up with that?

Why would one be afraid?

With the tragedy that happened ( and IMHO it wasn't an accident) Costa is probably one of the safest now with MUCH MORE SCRUTINY going on.

Maybe when I hit the lottery I'll do the 100 days!!!!

i will NEVER step foot on a costa ship, regardless of what perks they throw at me.

sounds like they're hurting, and hurting bad.

It's no secret. They said as much in the earnings call.

I'd sail Costa if they offered the best value on whatever itinerary I was considering.

I got the email, too. I thought the cruise prices were decent, but the airfare for the 4 of us would be more thanthe cruise. No thanks.

I have been getting lots of email deals from Costa, Holland America and Princess. But nothing, not one thing from Carnival! What's up with that?

I have the same feelings...cruise prices are ok, but the airfare to get there is ridiculous!!

Bottom line is price and itinerary to me who ever has the best deal at the time I'm looking!! I will go on any cruise line things happen everywhere life is one big risk mistakes happen everyday!!:)

Bottom line is price and itinerary to me who ever has the best deal at the time I'm looking!! I will go on any cruise line things happen everywhere life is one big risk mistakes happen everyday!!:)

I have a hard time thinking that so many people lost their lives due to a mistake.It is certainly nothing to smile about. There are many families whose lives will never be the same again.Very,very sad.

Just got an email from Costa and as a past Carnival cruiser, they will give me some perks and obc should I be so inclined ti sail with them.

Think I'll psss :eek:

Ive never sailed with Carnival and I got the email too.. I think they just emailed the whole carnival web list lol

Problem with Costa and MSC if you are looking at Med cruises is they do cost less than RCCL, Carnival, Princess etc but.....

They only stay in port for 4 to 5 hours to keep costs down and drive up their excursion rates.

Calculate your in-port time to see what value you are getting.

Just got an email from Costa and as a past Carnival cruiser, they will give me some perks and obc should I be so inclined ti sail with them.

I got that and will pass as well.

Not because of the accident, but more than one account of Costa cruises from people I know and deeply respect was not favorable in any way shape or form.

I got the email, checked the pricing, and it is too expensive. I would sail them, if the price was right.

Same here. I checked out their prices/intineraries- think I'll pass. Even the main website with the nice pictures- it shows the 2 ladies and the man lounging on a chair...it looks like something from the 1950's Rat Pack era. Not really my generation (minivan driving soccer mom LOL!! ;))

And I hate to fly- but it looks like the only US embark port they offer is Miami...:(

PASS!

They were horrible even before "the accident".

If you're joking that's cool. But I've sailed Costa before and I loved it. It was one of my all time favorite cruises. It left out of Miami I think, I'm not sure as it was 6 or 7 years ago. It went to Key West, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. We had a wonderful time. Don't let the things that have happened recently keep you from sailing Costa. We loved it!:D I think we were on the Costa Atlantica but don't remember if that's the name of the ship for sure! Now I remember, it left out of Ft. Lauderdale. (SP)

Got the email to, it said for fans of Princess Cruise Lines. I have never sailed on Princess only Carnival, but I guess where they are owned by the same parent organization, they share emails and contact info. I do read all of the Holland America emails and have been tempted by some of their offers.

Archived