Bait and Switch

I've gotta ask..... what's the NCL upgrade ad?

It started with an advertisement saying free upgrades on all sailings. That turned out to be false. Now, they advertise free upgrades, but when you look in to it, you discover you have to book the most expensive room in a category that coincidently is the exact same price as the cheapest room in the next category. In other words, relating it to RCI, it's like having to book a family oceanview for $899 per person in order to get upgraded to the cat E balcony, priced at $899 per person. It makes no sense. Why would you even do that? Why not just book the higher category room?

It started with an advertisement saying free upgrades on all sailings. That turned out to be false. Now, they advertise free upgrades, but when you look in to it, you discover you have to book the most expensive room in a category that coincidently is the exact same price as the cheapest room in the next category. In other words, relating it to RCI, it's like having to book a family oceanview for $899 per person in order to get upgraded to the cat E balcony, priced at $899 per person. It makes no sense. Why would you even do that? Why not just book the higher category room?

oh geez. :p thanks for letting me know:)

I hear ya. They have the most un-user friendly website. When I put in Fort Lauderdale as a deparature port it automatically adds Miami. I DON'T want to see cruises from Miami. There used to be a button where you could not include nearby ports but I can't find it anymore. Ok I'm done venting Thanks for listening:p:eek::D

There is still an opt out button under the drop down menu for departure port.

Archived