Dining

khenry

My husband and I are going on our first cruise to Alaska this summer. We are celebrating our 10 year anniversary. We really want to eat at a table for 2. Our travel agent said that the smallest table you can get is 6. Is this correct? Is there any way to get a table for 2? We do not care if we do early seating, late seating, or the anytime dining. Just would like a table for 2. We never get to eat by ourselves since we have children. Thanks for the help!

My husband and I are going on our first cruise to Alaska this summer. We are celebrating our 10 year anniversary. We really want to eat at a table for 2. Our travel agent said that the smallest table you can get is 6. Is this correct? Is there any way to get a table for 2? We do not care if we do early seating, late seating, or the anytime dining. Just would like a table for 2. We never get to eat by ourselves since we have children. Thanks for the help!

I guess I can't speak for your particular cruise or ship but the response you got really surprises me. I have never seen a cruise where tables for six are the smallest. Every cruise I have ever been on we have had a table for two including our last two Princess cruises. I guess if your TA can't help you, make an attempt to get a table you want when you board.

Smallest table is a table for six? Excuse my language, but that would suck!

There are tables for two in the dining rooms.

I would suggest you ask for either early or late seating and request a table for 2. They will confirm the seating, but will not guarentee a table for two. When you board, your table number and dining room will be on the card. Go to the dining room and check the table. If it is for two and acceptable, you are set. If not, go to see the Maitre 'd. The time and place to see him will be in the Princess Patter when you board. See if he can do anything. If that fails, then switch to Anytime Dining. When you arrive each night ask for a table for two. You may have to wait until a table is available.

Just so you know, most tables for two were part of a larger table that has be pulled apart, so there is often 8 to 12 inches between tables.

I don't know which ship you will be on - my husband and I always pick "Anytime" dining, when we make reservations in the morning, or if we just we show up to the dining room in the evening, we request a table for 2. We have never had to wait for a table, but we eat early. If you do have to wait, they will give you a pager and you can go have a drink in the bar, or just people watch somewhere near the dining room.

I cruise by myself and I refuse to be seated at a large table. I never have a problem getting a table for 2. On occasion I've been seated at a table for 4 with a divider across the table, essentially ending up with 2 tables for 2.

.. if we just we show up to the dining room in the evening, we request a table for 2. We have never had to wait for a table, but we eat early.

We ate later on the Sapphire after 7:15 PM and had the same experience with no wait for a table for two.

Thanks for the information. We will be on the Golden Princess.
My wife and I were on the Golden Princess twice last year. We had Anytime Dining and requested and received a table for 2 every time we ate in the Dining Room. Sometimes, we were seated immediately. Other times, we were given a pager and had a wait of between 5 and 45 minutes.

Archived