funny ES drop from Carnival

lexysdad04

ok so I submitted a ES drop abt 1 week ago and today i get an email saying it was approved so I went ahead and logged on as well as check the new price for our cruise well sure enough it was approved but instead of a $70 credit I only had a $30 credit so I called canival and explained that I was owed $40 more in credit because i had paid $1763.62 and the new price was $1693.62 for a total credit of $70

Well the rep said I was correct and he would refund me $40 to my credit card, so I asked if he could just leave it as obc since I plan on spending it on the cruise, his answear was that he could not do that that it "must be refunded" and I would see it in my credit card in 7-10days

Well as long as i get the money or credit I dont care, I was just thinking it was odd since Im used to getting obc and not a refund

Oh and i just submitted another ES drop because the new price is $1663 so another $30:D

well see how they handle this drop, any of you had this happen

I too, found a lower price and submitted a claim form, only to receive half of what we should've received. I called Carnival, but was told there was nothing they could do, I would have to fill out another claim form and explain my sircumstance at the bottom. I did all of that and am still waiting for a reply. I don't understand where they got their credit amount from. I'm glad you received your credit.

I too, found a lower price and submitted a claim form, only to receive half of what we should've received. I called Carnival, but was told there was nothing they could do, I would have to fill out another claim form and explain my sircumstance at the bottom. I did all of that and am still waiting for a reply. I don't understand where they got their credit amount from. I'm glad you received your credit.

We found a lower ES price and put in for it, as did our friends did also, but we got back more than them. Reason, because they adjusted the taxes on theirs and not on ours. Taxes change up and down(we got a refund of taxes when we got on our last cruise) and that makes a difference sometimes.

I too submitted a price drop form and it got approved. But when I check the total amount of OBC on my document online, my OBC for my FCC is now missing. Until the last price drop it showed 2 types of OBC refundable and non-refundable, now it just shows OBC and it is $100 less then it should be. I did email them with the emails they have sent me for the price drops along with the one I got when my FCC was applied.

I had applied for es credit last week for 2 separate cruises. Got the credit on 1, but the other has so far been denied. For the 1st one I only got $10. instead of $40 because of taxes and fees adjustment and they charged me the extra in tips because although I had asked to have tips prepaid before the price increase, I did not pay in full until a couple of weeks later, after the price increase. A little sneaky if you ask me.

Well as long as i get the money or credit I dont care, I was just thinking it was odd since Im used to getting obc and not a refund

well see how they handle this drop, any of you had this happen

That's how mine was processed for my cruise last October. I believe if you get the adjustment prior to the final payment, they just credit it as a reduction of the final payment amount. Personally, I like it better that way. :)

I'm having a similar issue with this. I submit forms for 4 reservations, but have my res and my parents res under my account so I can see there's.

I have submitted about 4 or 5 forms over the past month.

Issue is, our credits are not matching? They have had about $20 more than me the whole time. I sent carnival an e-mail and they said "it's taken care of" and when I log in I magically had a "coupon/credit" of $24. But not listed under the OBC:confused:. Now that i have submitted another form, the "coupon" is gone and the amount is $20 off again! W T Fudge Carnival!

and while I'm on this....do you all have fees taken out of OBC? I should have $280, but my parents have $255...does that sound right?...of course I have $130 or something

Archived