Best Camera store St.Marten

dond3131

Could anyone recommend a camera shop in St.Marten.Looking to but a GOHERO miniature video camera before we get to Labadee in May.Its a very small compact camera housed in a water proof housing that comes with different mounts depending on what sport you want to use it for.I want it for the zip-line because you can wear it either on your chest or on top of your head.After that will be using it for diving and other sports at home.State they run$300 but on the thread about the zip-line someone mentioned they are half price in the islands.

Thanks in advance for any help,Don

no idea..but i generally buy my camera stuff in boolchands which is NOT a 'recommended' store (meaning they aren't paying to advertise..

that said i ALWAYS see crew in the store, either in St Maarten or St Thomas

I've gotten a couple lenses there and have saved about 80-100 bucks on each, plus not paying tax....just do some due diligence...

...talking to a few crew members on the FOS they don't recommend buying any cameras on the island...they told me "too expensive' and don't get a package deal on any camera....and this was crew that did not work "selling"....no dog in the fight if you know what I mean...Good Luck with your search....:)

Could anyone recommend a camera shop in St.Marten.Looking to but a GOHERO miniature video camera before we get to Labadee in May.Its a very small compact camera housed in a water proof housing that comes with different mounts depending on what sport you want to use it for.I want it for the zip-line because you can wear it either on your chest or on top of your head.After that will be using it for diving and other sports at home.State they run$300 but on the thread about the zip-line someone mentioned they are half price in the islands.

Thanks in advance for any help,Don

I think its called a "GoPro HERO", my brother has one that works great with housing. The HERO is around 200$ and the new HERO2 is 300-400 depending on accesories. Hero2 having higher pixels etc, but the original Hero is very high quality.

Like the other poster id recommend at least checking boolchands, having bought lots of stuff from them in past like video cameras and small stereo. A suggestion would be to print out the product you are looking for from amazon or ebay and bring it to the store, and see if you can get the same deal or better, without sales tax or shipping. Keep in mind only problem is that its much easier to return electronics to online stores, especially within first 30 days.

On a side note check out this awesome video a friend made on allure boardwalk using a go pro mounted on an egg timer and set to stop motion. (this shows what these little boxes are capable of!)

Archived