TA Airfare Question

Karen@Steve

You can book through Choice Air. My TA doesn't even book flights normally, and I do that myself. Been looking at Choice Air for a one-way for a TransAtlatnic this Fall, and the prices are very competitive. I'm on a B2B so I'll have to call Choice Air instead of using the website.

Den

Many TAs do not book flights because of the hassle of dealing with airlines - flight changes, flight cancellations, flight delays, etc. However, most TAs do book air thru the cruise lines if that is what you want because the cruise line has to deal with the airlines. Note that when you book thru the cruise line you pretty much take what you get and often get connecting flights. Not sure if celebrity has an extra charge where you can get better flights. Almost always much cheaper to book your own air. Lastly, never, never, never fly on embarkation day. Too many things can go wrong. Lost or missing baggage is always a possibility.

You can book through Choice Air. My TA doesn't even book flights normally, and I do that myself. Been looking at Choice Air for a one-way for a TransAtlatnic this Fall, and the prices are very competitive. I'm on a B2B so I'll have to call Choice Air instead of using the website.

Den

no, you don't have to call them, you can use the website. Just put in the dates you actually want to fly. You can even fly to the Transatlantic on one reservation and fly back one way on the other. Their site is pretty flexible.

Still lurking...If I book a cruise through a TA can I still use Choice Air for my flights or do I have to do that through my TA?

Yes you can. Your TA can book your flight through Choice Air or if a full service agency can book directly. If you so desire you can book your own air with Chouce Air or any of the airline web sites

I book with my TA and she checks flight using Choice Air and airline web site

no, you don't have to call them, you can use the website. Just put in the dates you actually want to fly. You can even fly to the Transatlantic on one reservation and fly back one way on the other. Their site is pretty flexible.

When I input my reservation info for the 1st cruise or the 2nd cruise, it pops up with a "The booking is part of a back to back cruise reservation, please contact Customer Support at the number provided in the Customer Support Link."

This may because of the way my TA made the reservations, but they are linked, and I apparently can't do it on line. I can use the 'Quick Flight Search Only' function to check available flights and costs, but no reservations.

Den

Archived