single cruiser

danielle01

Was a time I was horrified at cruising solo. But after having done it on my last one, I highly recommend it! The key is finding the other fun people and realizing that fun people come in all walks of life!

Pick a fun bar for happy hour every day and start telling fun people you meet to meet you at 5pm at X bar and by day 3 you'll find yourself holding court!

Also, being active and going to the ship's organized activities will help you meet people faster. The galley tour, the dance classes, etc., all great places to meet others.

I also suggest making business cards to pass out. It helps others remember your name and can help you keep in touch with people after the cruise, if you're so inclined. (You don't have to include personal info that you don't want out there.)

I also scout out people when eating in the buffet. I just ask, "Hey, can I join you?" and start asking questions about where they're from, how often they cruise, where they like to hang out on board, if they've met any solo cruisers you could meet, etc.

The beauty is that one can be as active or reclusive as one wants to be. Enjoy!

hi, im going on a cruise on independence of the seas 2 - 5 may 2012 as a single person. Has anyone else cruised on their own before?

All the time ! It's my preferred way to cruise.

Never a hassle with having to appease someone else. Do what you want, when you want to do it. If you're a social person there's always plenty of people willing to strike up a conversation. Otherwise you just go about your day as you wish.

Archived