Price Reduced after final Payment....

matrix1405

The Price of my cruise on the fascination 4/28/12 has dropped $50 per person in a Cat 6D. I have booked a Past guest rate. While I am pretty sure the Price protection does not apply to me (despite what the carnival rep just said), this is what I would like to know...

Can I "upgrade" to a category 6E and since it is lower than my original fare too (just happens to be the same rate as 6D) and get an onboard credit for the $100?

Not exactly sure how this works. Thanks in advance:)

The Price of my cruise on the fascination 4/28/12 has dropped $50 per person in a Cat 6D. I have booked a Past guest rate. While I am pretty sure the Price protection does not apply to me (despite what the carnival rep just said), this is what I would like to know...

Can I "upgrade" to a category 6E and since it is lower than my original fare too (just happens to be the same rate as 6D) and get an onboard credit for the $100?

Not exactly sure how this works. Thanks in advance:)

I was able to upgrade before on a past guest rate for a lower priced cabin buy they didnt give me the obc.

Bill

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

After two emails and phone calls we received a price savings of $210 on two cabins today. They actually reduced the balance on both cabins after explaining the price difference that I originally emailed to them. I am very satisfied with the outcome and the lady from customer service was great.

After two emails and phone calls we received a price savings of $210 on two cabins today. They actually reduced the balance on both cabins after explaining the price difference that I originally emailed to them. I am very satisfied with the outcome and the lady from customer service was great.[/quote

So you haven't made final payment yet right? If they reduced your balance, I assume that's correct. Any form of booking (senior rate, past guest rate, early saver, military rate) can get a price reduction before final payment. But only ES get OBC after final payment.

After two emails and phone calls we received a price savings of $210 on two cabins today. They actually reduced the balance on both cabins after explaining the price difference that I originally emailed to them. I am very satisfied with the outcome and the lady from customer service was great.

Looks like you are before final payment...that is why you received a price reduction.

OP is after final payment and booked past guest...not ES...so they are not eligible for an OBC. They can however ask to be upgraded to the higher category that is same price or cheaper than what they paid.

Archived