Cunard World Club - New Level?

bobby1119

I believe there was a specific lounge for World Cruise passengers on QE2, with a special key required to enter. A sort of secret clubhouse.

Not quite. The WC lounge was in the Boardroom. You could get tea, coffee and pastries in there. There was a concierge available to sort out problems. However there were so many people in that room for most of the WC that we hardly went in there!

I remember that from 2008. I can't remember what it was called though but Thomas Q was involved with it. The initiation was held on the old Yacht Club and TQ was guarding the door - I remember that he evaded when I asked him what was happening but I found several other sources that told me what the group was.

If Thomas Q is still involved in it, then it will not be revived on QM2 as Thomas won't set foot on the ship. But I was told it was another person entirely who now arranges the initiation and decides who to invite. There were a couple of these societies in the old days but the one revived on QE involved waterbirds.

If Thomas Q is still involved in it, then it will not be revived on QM2 as Thomas won't set foot on the ship.

My informants tell me that he's left Cunard entirely :( All I know for certain is that he was on QE in August.

• 2 weeks later...
There was a thread within the past week or so about a new World Club level called "Commodore" which is a step above Diamond.

Does anyone know where the thread is? It was started by a very regular Cunarder but seems to have disappeared.

It went out to early

Not April 1 till Sunday. :D

Very amusing, wonder how many of Cunard potential guests were busy checking their diaries for more days at sea to collect the desired points.

Found the picture though

https://picasaweb.google.com/117604515292735584030/Desktop?authkey=Gv1sRgCM-yw9vdqZDATg#5716160294616688114

My informants tell me that he's left Cunard entirely :( All I know for certain is that he was on QE in August.

Thomas was on QE in January, at least the transatlantic segment to New York.

I watched him narrating a food demo presented by the chefs in the Grand Lobby. He was a subdued version of his old self.

Then you are in for a treat - Rick is a great speaker if you have any interest in movies.

Rick Senat has been working on new lectures but Cunard asked for the ones he has been doing for several years. I've heard them twice so I might give them a miss this time.

Archived