Cunard World Club - New Level?

bobby1119

There was a thread within the past week or so about a new World Club level called "Commodore" which is a step above Diamond.

Does anyone know where the thread is? It was started by a very regular Cunarder but seems to have disappeared.

That was posted by Capnpugwash. He had included a photo of the announcement which read that the level was reached "by invitation only". From the way I read it Cunard decides to whom they will extend the invitation and there is nothing a customer can do to reach it automatically - which explains why there is no mention of it on Cunard's site and probably why the topic was deleted.

If anyone deserves it he sure does. Cunard would be hard pressed to find a better ambassador for the QM2.

That was posted by Capnpugwash. He had included a photo of the announcement which read that the level was reached "by invitation only". From the way I read it Cunard decides to whom they will extend the invitation and there is nothing a customer can do to reach it automatically - which explains why there is no mention of it on Cunard's site and probably why the topic was deleted.

If anyone deserves it he sure does. Cunard would be hard pressed to find a better ambassador for the QM2.

Thanks, Marie. I agree that he qualifies if such a level exists. I am Diamond too and was wondering how one achieves that level.

Why was the post removed? It was not controversial or nasty to another CC member.

It seems that the whole thing was a scam, there was a Facebook page, email addresses and phone numbers and everything. It still transpired that it was a very elaborate hoax. No idea why someone would go to those lengths but they do say that there's nowt so queer as folk. Apologies to all for spreading the lies.

He had included a photo of the announcement .

I may have missed the photo in the OP, but I think the photo was only posted later. A number of people contacted Cunard asking for details. Maybe if the photo had been included in the original post confusion would have been avoided.

David.

I may have missed the photo in the OP, but I think the photo was only posted later. A number of people contacted Cunard asking for details. Maybe if the photo had been included in the original post confusion would have been avoided.

David.

What precisely confused you?

By the lack of information in the original post. Perhaps you did not have the document in your possession when you posted originally, but if you did, inclusion in the first post would have helped with clarity.

I don't believe I was the only one confused.

David.

One of my informants advised me that a secret society from QE2 days was resurrected on the QE world cruise this year. Membership by invitation only.

There may be some truth to the rumors - except that Cunard head office is not in on the picture.

Never been on it but i think they tell lies.

Lets face it the picture the pugwash showed said on it When you next travel will Cunard you will experience.....and Not with

Like Cunard would have made such a mistake.

They've made some horrendous mistakes before! They allowed me on board their ships for one. :eek:

J

Never been on it but i think they tell lies.

Lets face it the picture the pugwash showed said on it When you next travel will Cunard you will experience.....and Not with

Like Cunard would have made such a mistake.

They sent us a pre-printed anniversary card when we were on board that was far worse than that...

Mary

One of my informants advised me that a secret society from QE2 days was resurrected on the QE world cruise this year. Membership by invitation only.

There may be some truth to the rumors - except that Cunard head office is not in on the picture.

I believe there was a specific lounge for World Cruise passengers on QE2, with a special key required to enter. A sort of secret clubhouse.

Too bad QM2 didn't do this (or did they?). A woman I met on QM2 was taking the whole WC and was quite put out that the ship wasn't filled with world cruisers. She was particularly annoyed that the circumnavigation of Australia was "like a bus, with people getting on and off everywhere." Apparently, people doing 22 or fewer days on board are just too low class to be in her environs. :eek: We tugged on our forelocks and bowed as we left.

Cunard definitely publishes mistakes.

I received an email about a week ago regarding some of the speakers for the lecture series. They stated the ship was sailing from NY to Southampton on October 14th - wrong - it's going in the opposite direction. When you clicked on bookings it took you to the correct page regarding direction.

I then checked the list of speakers for the QM2 and Rick Senat is speaking and they spelled his name Senet.

Linda

I believe there was a specific lounge for World Cruise passengers on QE2, with a special key required to enter. A sort of secret clubhouse.

Too bad QM2 didn't do this (or did they?). A woman I met on QM2 was taking the whole WC and was quite put out that the ship wasn't filled with world cruisers. She was particularly annoyed that the circumnavigation of Australia was "like a bus, with people getting on and off everywhere." Apparently, people doing 22 or fewer days on board are just too low class to be in her environs. :eek: We tugged on our forelocks and bowed as we left.

They did. 2012 World Cruiser's have the exclusive use of the Atlantic Room on deck 11.

One of my informants advised me that a secret society from QE2 days was resurrected on the QE world cruise this year.

I remember that from 2008. I can't remember what it was called though but Thomas Q was involved with it. The initiation was held on the old Yacht Club and TQ was guarding the door - I remember that he evaded when I asked him what was happening but I found several other sources that told me what the group was.

Archived