Camp Carnival and Older Teen Help

packedandready

I really feel like a fish out of water on these boards, so please bear with me.

Dh and I've cruised quite a number of times, but never on Carnival and never with anyone with children.

In june we will be cruising on the Triumph with my brother's family including an 11 and 19 year old.

Just what is camp carnival (for the 11 year old)? What kinds of activities do they have, etc, etc.... Any info is appreciated

What are the age groupings? Is there an orientation sort of thing?

Is there anything organized for the older teens? Thanks

The 19yo can do everything any other adult can do except drink alcohol. If the 19yo wants to get into the disco s/he should bring a picture ID.

Carnival sometimes has one Meet & Greet event for this age. In our experience it is not well attended.

My son did not really like the Camp Carnival- he was 12. However, most of the girls that age seemed to enjoy the camp. They had activities through out the day and week.

Some were in the camp carnival rooms, others in other areas of the ship. My son did enjoy the organized basketball game, and mini golf tournament (held on the sports deck). He also enjoyed the pizza party and ice cream party (held in the buffet area). He attended one of the dances for about 15 minutes and then left.

They also did things like movies, scavenger hunts, games.

My son did meet a few other boys his age and they became buddies for the week and hung out. We met their parents and we knew where they were at all times. Mostly they hung out at the pool and basketball courts.

Archived