Perth Motel recommendation please

Hi,

We are cruising on Voyager of the Seas from Singapore to Freemantle at the end of October. We are staying in Perth for one night post cruise and would love some recommendations for motels, preferably in the CBD.

We have never been to WA, so would like to do sightseeing around the CBD, possibly cruise Swan River etc. Need something that we can easily walk to or get public transport to.

Price???? Don't know. Have been searching, seems expensive. Found The Kings Perth Hotel, $160 including breakfast but reviews are really bad.

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't stay at Aarons Hotel-we did pre cruise-the rooms are so small-when we got our luggage in there was no room for us-we paid $180-I asked for a bigger room and got one -they only had the one-which was good but had to pay another $50.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, unfortunately Perth is a bit expensive but there's not so much on offer as in Sydney or Melbourne, I guess. I do hope you enjoy your visit, though, as I grew up there and I have fond memories :)

The last time I was there, a few years back for my 30th, I stayed at the Travelodge Hotel Perth. It's a little further down Hay Street than the Kings Perth Hotel and a bit more expensive, I fear, but it was a lovely stay. The staff were fabulous and, as it's a little further out from the pedestrian malls, it's a bit quieter. It's only a short walk into the main centre and, when I stayed there, there was a stop for one of the CAT buses right out the front.

Otherwise, Miss Mauds is one I have always wanted to try and has good reviews on TripAdvisor.

Good luck. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hard-habit-to-break

If you were landing in Perth on a Friday - you would be on a winner. You can get "weekend" bargains because the "fly in-fly outs" (Interstate business travellers) book Monday to Friday - and everything is fully booked - I know - because I have to arrange accommodation for "fly in - fly outs". Book well in advance if you can - but this "boom" has been going for 18 months or more - so you have to be quick. Miss Mauds is a good option - and I think you can get a breakfast - though it is extra. No hotels in Perth include breakfast. The travel Lodge mentioned is also a good one. Things to do on a short stay - river cruise - night one if you can get it - and a tour of the Perth mint - you can watch a gold pour - and have your own special coin or whatever - minted there. It is walking distance from Miss Mauds A train ride into Fremantle to the markets at the "E" sheds is good - but your ship would probably berth there anyway. The train station is within walking distance from Miss Mauds. A Fremantle prison tour is good - daytime is best - and of course Fremantle markets. Everything is very expensive here - don't let anyone tell you different. Though - for souveniers - you can't beat the "E" sheds and some of the shops in Hay Street Perth - but check them out - some are very expensive. Ask away - if I can help - I will. Check wotif and try to get your booking as far in advance as you can

Edited by dizzy1948

• 3 years later...

Miss Maud's in Perth-we booked for March, 2016 on Booking.com and only $334 total for two people for two days, including VAT and it does have free large breakfast buffet and Wifi and Trip Advisor rates it highly. Sounds wonderful!

Miss Maud's in Perth-we booked for March, 2016 on Booking.com and only $334 total for two people for two days, including VAT and it does have free large breakfast buffet and Wifi and Trip Advisor rates it highly. Sounds wonderful!

Good choice - and close by to everything.