From RCI to RSSC: Our First Regent Cruise

Snackdaddy

Greetings,

After many, many years of being loyal to Royal, we just booked our first Regent cruise (Cat. E) on the 12/8/13 Mariner from Rio to Buenos Aires.

This will also be our first time to South America, so if you have any suggestions, recommendations or tips, I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Here are our ports of call:

Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Ilha Grande, Brazil

Buzios, Brazil

Paraty, Brazil

Santos, Brazil

Porto Belo, Brazil

@ Sea

Rio Grande

Punta Del Este, Uruguay

Montevideo, Uruguay

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Many thanks.

It's a little early for roll calls. Almost two years out. You will love Regent. We are on same cruise but this Dec.

Greetings,

After many, many years of being loyal to Royal, we just booked our first Regent cruise (Cat. E) on the 12/8/13 Mariner from Rio to Buenos Aires.

This will also be our first time to South America, so if you have any suggestions, recommendations or tips, I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Here are our ports of call:

Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Ilha Grande, Brazil

Buzios, Brazil

Paraty, Brazil

Santos, Brazil

Porto Belo, Brazil

@ Sea

Rio Grande

Punta Del Este, Uruguay

Montevideo, Uruguay

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Many thanks.

Welcome to Regent....say good bye to RCC....you won't want to go back EVER!:D

ps In case you have not already done it...head over to the Regent website and set up your account...you will need your booking # (top of Regent confirmation). And Remember, Regent is not RCCC so the website is known to have its issues, think of it a charming (so you don't get cranky like some of us:)

ps In case you have not already done it...head over to the Regent website and set up your account...you will need your booking # (top of Regent confirmation). And Remember, Regent is not RCCC so the website is known to have its issues, think of it a charming (so you don't get cranky like some of us:)

Some of us on the Regent board get cranky??? Hmmmmm, never noticed;):eek:

SnackDaddy, check the roll call section and request a referral. Also, there is a section in Cruise Critic on ports of call. Passengers currently on the South America sailing are writing in nearly daily on another thread.

Hello Travel2Learn,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Will do.

Best,

It's a little early for roll calls. Almost two years out. You will love Regent. We are on same cruise but this Dec.

Hello lapeter,

Thank you for your post. I have heard nothing but great things about Regent. I would love to hear all about your cruise when you return later on this year.

Best,

Welcome to Regent....say good bye to RCC....you won't want to go back EVER!:D

Hi nana541,

You mean I won't have to go back to long lines, photographers who stalk you at every moment and being nickel and dimed at every turn???? That would be great. :cool:

Best,

Hi nana541,

You mean I won't have to go back to long lines, photographers who stalk you at every moment and being nickel and dimed at every turn???? That would be great. :cool:

Best,

As good as Regent is, and we have sailed with them more than any other cruise line, we still enjoy sailing on a variety of lines, including the occasional (and I really mean occasional!) voyage with RCI. We tend to make our decisions on destination, timing and value. And we have enjoyed all of the lines we have sailed with, save for NCL, Carnival and a few no-longer in existence cheapos.

Archived