Finding Distance info?

dolver

Anyone know of a good site for finding info on distance between one spot and another in Bermuda? I really stink at using those little I____I____I milage graphs on maps!

Looking for info on how far it is between different places in Sandys Parish.

Thank You!

Doreen

Anyone know of a good site for finding info on distance between one spot and another in Bermuda? I really stink at using those little I____I____I milage graphs on maps!

Thank You!

Doreen

Google Earth has a straight line measuring tool that is pretty. It also can map address to address and maybe even point to point and get road miles.

Thank You!

Doreen

Are you interested in straight line distances or road distances?

The road distance from the foot of the ramp to the wharves in the Dockyard to anywhere in Sandy's Parish would be less than 6 miles. This is just a guesstimate but I am very confident with it.

SBtS

Thanks for that info. <6 miles....who'd a thunk it! Great.

Also, I did mean Road miles. The plan is for a lot of walking (off set the food!)

Planned to take a bus from Wharf to Gibbs Lighthouse, back to Scaur Fort..then walk to Heydon Trust and possibly up to Somerset or Mangrove Bay.

Think that's walkable? I do an easy 3miles on the treadmill (much different than actual street walking tho, I know) am fairly young an healthy...so it shouldn't be a problem physically.

Will it be a problem geographically? meaning, dangerous roads, backroads, forests! Bears! (joking, kind of)

Or should I replan it all using the Buses?

Thanks so much!

Doreen (whose husband thinks she too anal about planning) Must. Know. Everything.

Thanks for that info. <6 miles....who'd a thunk it! Great.

Also, I did mean Road miles. The plan is for a lot of walking (off set the food!)

Planned to take a bus from Wharf to Gibbs Lighthouse, back to Scaur Fort..then walk to Heydon Trust and possibly up to Somerset or Mangrove Bay.

Think that's walkable? I do an easy 3miles on the treadmill (much different than actual street walking tho, I know) am fairly young an healthy...so it shouldn't be a problem physically.

Will it be a problem geographically? meaning, dangerous roads, backroads, forests! Bears! (joking, kind of)

Or should I replan it all using the Buses?

Thanks so much!

Doreen (whose husband thinks she too anal about planning) Must. Know. Everything.

It's generally not safe to walk any significant distance on Bermuda's main roads. There are no sidewalks except within the urban areas such as Hamilton and St. George, no breakdown lanes, the roads are very narrow and the drivers ignore the speed limit with impunity.

I do agree with the advice NJ gave you on walking Bermuda's roads. My suggestion would be when at Fort Scaur walk to the bay side of the park and pick up the Railway Trail that runs along the park there. Follow the trail west and I think you'll skirt the bay side of Hayden Trust. If you continue walking on the Rail Trail, you'll come out just short of Mangrove Bay.

SBtS

I could agree with that as a straight line distance but I think it is more by road. BTW do you understand what a guesstimate is? I know it was on the high side but I was aiming to provide the poster a ball park road distance figure :).

SBtS

It's only 12 miles unto town and Southampton is pretty big, so even with the curves, still a pretty short distance through Sandys.

Archived