Taking drinks on board

Have booked a cruise to Iceland and the Norweigan Fjords in July on the Spirit and wondering if you can take your own drinks on board (both Alcoholic and soft Drinks)to have in your cabin. When we went a couple of years ago I don`t think we could but I am sure on this web site I have read that you are able to. Can anyone clarify this? Thanks

Have booked a cruise to Iceland and the Norweigan Fjords in July on the Spirit and wondering if you can take your own drinks on board (both Alcoholic and soft Drinks)to have in your cabin. When we went a couple of years ago I don`t think we could but I am sure on this web site I have read that you are able to. Can anyone clarify this? Thanks

Never known there to be a problem with Thomson in this respect (for use in your cabin). It might well be a good move too as if I remember correctly this might have been one of the itineraries when the duty free shop on board doesn't open! :eek: Also buying anything in Norway is extremely expensive so unlike the Med ports etc you can't get things cheaply at supermarkets in port so even soft drinks are expensive off the ship. With no luggage allowance you don't need to worry about the weight implications either.

It should be OK, just don't turn up with a truckload :D

As Norway is not a member of the european union the duty free might be open?

Quite possibly - I know there were one or two sailings we went on when the duty free didn't open - just not too sure which ones! :confused:

Never have any problem taking alcohol onboard. We were able to buy wine and take back to our room on the Thomson Spirit but when we went on Thomson Ce,enration they had no wine at all for purchase but the alcohol and cigs were VERY CHEAP.

Archived