Aqua class cabins on Infinity question

darsura

Curious....what cabin location did you select?

I am in the center rear aft cabin, 1140. This will be my first experience in this location. Thanks to all who posted. The posts and pictures certainly helped me with my decision.

If you are sitting close to the sliding door, especially on the 3 center cabin balconies, you will not see anything below, or just the fringe of the white canopy. If you are sitting out closer to the glass balcony wall, you can see down to deck 10, either directly onto the white canopy or the tables and seating area at the corners of the sunset bar.

When standing at the railing, you can just see down into some of the outer portions of the balconies on deck 9 and maybe a bit lower. It will depend on which aft cabin you have. I think I posted pics a bit further up in this thread with photos from the balcony of 1138. If not, I'll repost them.

The pictures were very helpful! Thanks so much, and thanks to all who posted info and pics. I have learned so much from this board!

I have booked a Cabin on Deck 9 as well and chose not to pick Deck 10...

only reason last 2 cruises on RCCL I chose forward by staircase and elevators (decks 9/10) so I had option to move freely and NOT always wait for an elevator...also was wondering about vibrations in aft cabins by the smoke stack... RCCL lounges vibrate...sometimes...

Another ??? is smoking allowed on balconies????

Our cabin steward on RCCL actually offered an outside ashtray....for balcony.

Smoking is not allowed on balconies, in cabins or any inside spaces on Celebrity. it is limited to a few outside areas.

See the smoking policy listed here:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Ship+%26+Stateroom+Details&faqId=572&faqSubjectId=70

I have booked a Cabin on Deck 9 as well and chose not to pick Deck 10...

only reason last 2 cruises on RCCL I chose forward by staircase and elevators (decks 9/10) so I had option to move freely and NOT always wait for an elevator...also was wondering about vibrations in aft cabins by the smoke stack... RCCL lounges vibrate...sometimes...

Another ??? is smoking allowed on balconies????

Our cabin steward on RCCL actually offered an outside ashtray....for balcony.

No smoking on balcony anywhere on X

Smoking permitted at Aft bar port side on 10

Btw good thing you "...chose not to pick deck 10...." cause the only places to sleep there are the spa, Persian Garden, pool deck or Aft Bar....absolutely no privacy!:rolleyes:

I am in the center rear aft cabin, 1140. This will be my first experience in this location. Thanks to all who posted. The posts and pictures certainly helped me with my decision.

Oh how I envy you, have tried for 1140,38,30 and 39 to no avail so had to settle for 1128:(

Enjoy!

Got my decks wrong...meant Deck 11 aft Aqua Cabins...

only 3 left on my cruise....

Are they worth the change?

Or is deck 9 ok...Now realize the cabins are NOT new only reburbished on 9

Many have issues w/ overhang...

But Deck 11 are NEW...

Thanks for info...on smoking...

Got my decks wrong...meant Deck 11 aft Aqua Cabins...

only 3 left on my cruise....

Are they worth the change?

Or is deck 9 ok...Now realize the cabins are NOT new only reburbished on 9

Many have issues w/ overhang...

But Deck 11 are NEW...

Thanks for info...on smoking...

IMHO deck 9 Aquaclass has the following cons

Noise from above

Overhang minimizes sun on balconies

Cabins refurbished but not newly constructed

Deck 11 has 2 cons

Minimal overhang means little or no shade (but there are umbrellas available in the room)

comparitly smaller balconies

But lots of pros

Short stair hop to aft bar And buffet

Minimal activity overhead

Brand new cabins

Low volume activity in hallway due to limited guests per cabin

My sailing Only has 8 left and they have been going fast...:eek:

We're currently on the Infinity doing a South America/Panama Canal cruise on deck 9. I find that not only does the overhang block the views of the sky, it's also difficult to see the details of a port and its hillsides. In addition, all deck 9 views are partially obstructed whenever you want to look forward or aft because of the many 45 degree support beams in place.

If we were to sail another solticized ship in aqua class again, we would go for the new deck 11 cabins.

We were on the Infinity February 26th cruise. We had heard that the new addition looks like a barracks from the outside, but once you open the door, it is a bright, wide hallway with never a cart to be seen. We were in 1120 and loved it. There was some vibration on a few of the the nights but it didn't really bother us. Enough to wake us up but not enough to keep us awake.

The convenience is so wonderful. Down the back stairs to get quickly to the buffet or the bar. Elevator to the beautiful Blu fast and easy. We walked down to 9 and then through 9 to get to the spa. What a difference that hallway is compared to 11.

The closet space is good. End tables by the bed have 2 drawers in each - such an improvement over Solstice. The closet also has 6 drawers that some people complained were not deep enough - we loved them. The only minor thing we did not like was that there was not that much room between the bottom of the bed and the wall mirror, but that was just a very small inconvenience.

We loved the balcony and spent hours taking the most wonderful photos that are still in the camera. The views from the Starboard side were beyond beautiful. When there were people on 12, also looking at the gorgeous view, they were back far enough that our balcony was very private.

That wonderful inside pool was an absolute delight and so was the herbal sauna. We wish that pool was on the Solstice since we are taking our next cruise on that ship.

Blu was simply the best. We worried about being so close to other tables since we like a table for 2, but it was just terrific. We had so many enjoyable dinners and met so many lovely people. BTW, only one man on the first formal night was in shirtsleeves. Most were in tuxes or dark suits. That was a surprise, since it is always smart casual. My DH had a blazer with shirt/tie, and there were a few of them. It was pretty much the same on the next 2 formal nights.

The dancing is not as good on Infinity as it is on Solstice. For the most part, the shows were very enjoyable.

WHAT A TERRIFIC CRUISE WE HAD!!

We never heard any noise from deck 12. There was some vibration on a few nights.

We know that you will also love this deck. The convenience was great as was everything else. It is so private, and Blu just adds to the charm.

We never heard any noise from deck 12. There was some vibration on a few nights.

We know that you will also love this deck. The convenience was great as was everything else. It is so private, and Blu just adds to the charm.

Would you consider your balcony to be "normal" or perhaps bigger than the usual size and what furniture was on your balcony.?

Thanks for your info.

The balcony was the usual size. There were 2 chairs, no footstools, one table. It really was too cold in South American to spend too much time out on the balcony except to take photos. We had winter coats on when we went around the Horn.

We stayed in stateroom 1122(port side) on our cruise around Cape Horn in February. Stateroom is brand new and very nice, very quite, easy to get to sunset bar. But when the ship was moving fast and there were raugh seas it was the worst place on the ship to stay. My husband has problems with sea sickness and it was difficult for him to sleep in the cabin. Everything was trembling, glasses, furniture, the metal door of the safe was knocking all night(closed door!!!). In other parts of the ship it was much better.We've been on solstice last summer and had very similar location of the cabin, but never felt any movement or trembling. I think that is because they added those staterooms and the stabilazers of the ship were not considered to work with extra cabins. I will not reccomend you to book the aft cabin deck 11 also, because of noise issues. They start preparing sunset bar for opening quite early in the morning and this process is really loud and you will definitly hear it if your balcony door is open.

The balcony was the usual size. There were 2 chairs, no footstools, one table. It really was too cold in South American to spend too much time out on the balcony except to take photos. We had winter coats on when we went around the Horn.

Thank you for your reply.

Personally, I think it's strange that "they" offer, comfort, relax, and there is an extra charge (although its included in the main price) for the "facilities" and a balcony, yet the one thing that most people dont have in their everyday lives ie: the chance to be super relaxed in their own space taking in the glorious outside world, is not part of the deal.

In short, why cant they put footstools on the balcony??.

I won't bother with bringing up the lounger issue, as on a standard depth balcony, there probably isn't enough room.:(

• 10 months later...

For those of you who stayed in 1138 on the Infinity, can you tell me what the bed configuration is? Is the bed near the bathroom or near the balcony? We are sailing in that cabin for a Panama Canal cruise April 1, and then again in 2014 in the same cabin in Southeast Asia and we were curious. Thanks!!

• 4 months later...

Not sure if you ever got an answer but on the Infinity as well as all other Millennium class ships the beds are all positioned next to the bathroom. The furnishings are a little different then on the Solstice class but the couch and desk are close to the veranda,

We just returned from a Bermuda cruise and were in 1138. Great room. Loved the super large veranda! :)

Aft cabins have much bigger balconies ... avoid 1133 ... over smoking area

1140 is dead centre .Best cabin on the boat .

I am holding a cabin on deck 9 midship, but there are cabins available on deck 11 in the aft section. I picked deck 9 because I was on this deck a few years ago in a concierge cabin mid-ship and really liked the location, but wonder what deck 11 is like. Besides location, what are the differences in the room or veranda? Any help appreciated.

We just switched from an aqua class on 9 to an aqua class on the starboard side of deck 11. A few reasons:

1- In looking at the deck 9 cabins, you are covered by a HUGE overhang from deck 10. While we like being covered it looks like the overhang extends a good 10 feet beyond the end of the balcony. It also looks like the beams that support the deck above could pose an impact to the view. Deck 11 balconies have very little cover but that does not concern us as much.

2- As someone said above, the deck 11 cabins are NEW as opposed to refurbished. It will be nice to be in a brand new cabin.

3- The deck 9 cabin we had was under the aqua spa pool area. We had some concern about noise from above. The cabin we have on deck 11 is under a sun deck but that location will be far less used than the spa above us would have been on 9.

I think it is a toss up either way but those were our reasons.

Well, I write this as I have just been in contact with Celebrity re upgrading to Aqua class 1 deck 11 from a Aqua Class 2 cabin 9073 on deck 9. The bottom line seems to be ...pay £ 550 more to upgrade to deck 11....no extras except larger balcony.

We have never been on Celebrity before and may never be again...depending on the experience!!!

Seems that Aqua class perks may be dwindling...believe me, if this is the case they WILL know about it!!!

I know what we have paid and for what.

Watch this space.

We just switched from an aqua class on 9 to an aqua class on the starboard side of deck 11. A few reasons:

1- In looking at the deck 9 cabins, you are covered by a HUGE overhang from deck 10. While we like being covered it looks like the overhang extends a good 10 feet beyond the end of the balcony. It also looks like the beams that support the deck above could pose an impact to the view. Deck 11 balconies have very little cover but that does not concern us as much.

2- As someone said above, the deck 11 cabins are NEW as opposed to refurbished. It will be nice to be in a brand new cabin.

3- The deck 9 cabin we had was under the aqua spa pool area. We had some concern about noise from above. The cabin we have on deck 11 is under a sun deck but that location will be far less used than the spa above us would have been on 9.I think it is a toss up either way but those were our reasons.

How long are you intending spending in the cabin and on the balcony are maybe the main Q's. How much money is it worth???

One thing should be taken into consideration about deck 11 aft. On the Millennium class ships, it's probably the worst place on the ship to have a cabin in the event of high seas. The higher you are and the further you are from midship, the more motion you get.

Well, I write this as I have just been in contact with Celebrity re upgrading to Aqua class 1 deck 11 from a Aqua Class 2 cabin 9073 on deck 9. The bottom line seems to be ...pay £ 550 more to upgrade to deck 11....no extras except larger balcony.

We have never been on Celebrity before and may never be again...depending on the experience!!!

Seems that Aqua class perks may be dwindling...believe me, if this is the case they WILL know about it!!!

I know what we have paid and for what.

Watch this space.

You are paying for location, location, location! As you stated - it is an upgrade.

Archived