Why I will NEVER sail NCL again, and will stick with Celebrity

irishayes

We've sailed many times with NCL and never had any issues - we haven't sailed spring break and don't sail in any school breaks either anymore.

Bad timing and hopefully NCL dealt with them

Seems like NCL did take care of it according to the original post- a bunch of cruisers were kicked off the ship ! And it also seems that aside from a few (2-3) negative complaints, and only 2 mentioning the atrocities, it really couldnt have been that bad. Even the OP didnt notice the puke in the elevators, etc. The majority of people in the RC were pretty satisfied with the cruise, many of which knew it was spring break.

I think theres a lesson to be learned here, and the lesson should be learned by the OP and many like them. Spring Break is a very expensive time to travel, im sure, just by looking at the prices, NCL was on the cheaper end of the spectrum, so where do you think all those students are going to travel? NCL or X, its all about the numbers, and im sure they all go with the lower end lines.

NCL is a great line, very different than X, but still has a lot of good about it, read over the posts in the original discussion and make your own decisions, but sounds like the situation was managed, that it wasent so widespread so as that every passenger onboard was affected, and that 10-15 passengers were removed as a result.

I have been on NCL many times and never experienced anything like this. That said, I would never think of cruising during Spring vacation.

We just got off of Eclipse yesterday (March 17th) and even though it was spring break there was none of this frat party atmosphere. So you CAN cruise on lines during spring break...not just CERTAIN ones.

My recommendation - cruise with Cunard, outside school holidays and preferably for long durations.

We did 23 days with them and never saw anyone on board who looked younger than 30. The bars were nicely quiet at night, I guess most folks were either ballroom dancing or tucked up early in bed. :)

Celebrity Silhouette out of Bayonne. We were on Jan 29th sailing. I was told the average age on the ship was 79. Seemed a lttle low to me.

We cruised Celebrity last April, which I would consider Spring Break season, and experienced nothing like the NCL cruise.

I didn't know that NCL would be a party barge, or I would have stayed clear of it. I know Carnival has that reputation but seriously didn't know NCL does, as well.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

we would not cruise Norwegian under any circumstance but maybe it was more your timing than the line...

Timing can be unfortunate-- that's why we stopped cruising in March-- (except for next yr :eek:)

One yr we booked Royal C Brilliance of the Seas ,10 days to panama canal out of Miami -- we did not realize Easter was early that yr & there were many large families on board..--

We had a great cruise ourselves, but there were hordes of unsupervised children--throwing chocolate onto the art auction area, could not use elevators or hot tubs, could not use room service cards b/c they stole them & mixed them up, they over ran the ship, destroyed ship decor, & there were many rude pushy pax (no doubt the parents of the misbehaving children!)..

Only once on Celeb Century did we get stuck with misbehaving adult drunks-- they were part of a cruise sponsored by a company -the cruise was free so some used the money they saved...to drink but the Hotel director & security put a swift end to all the antics & that was that!!! Guess the glass beer bottles being thrown into the pool was a big NO NO!!

this yr we are chancing April on Silho (a week after Spring vacation we hope) and next yr going on Eclipse in march--taking a chance with that for sure..

after that it's back to January-- would rather take our chance with weather issues!!!

We just got off of Eclipse yesterday (March 17th) and even though it was spring break there was none of this frat party atmosphere. So you CAN cruise on lines during spring break...not just CERTAIN ones.

Us too. It's all about what the Cruiseline will tolerate. We did Carnival last year over New Years. We had a similar experience as OP on that cruise and will not cruise them again either. We've never seen bad behavior tolerated on X, RCI or Disney....and we have cruised various holiday times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah... Not a chance you will catch me on NCL or Carnival for this very reason!! I am only 27, but prefer cruising with the older, calmer, and wiser crowd!

Classy not trashy covers all ages. :-)

Sounds like you definitly had a very uncomfortable experience. I would feel the same way, and be disappointed. NCL should have done what they could to prohibit that activity. Go to Panama City if you want to do those things.

With that said, though I have never partaken in spring break activities, to the best of my knowledge, spring break anywhere is known for being a drunken sex fest.

Maybe the people who have created the current mortgage fiasco and downtrodden economy, were rowdy spring breakers as young adults? :)

Was on a "spring Break" NCL cruise once.... it actually wasn't too bad except for the fools in the cabin above us.

They tossed food, smokes and spat off the balcony. They dragged the sofa outside to sleep, and partied hard.

Complaint after complaint did nothing.

I will not cruise anyone at spring break now.

Actually enjoyed our last NCL Jewel cruise a few years ago... but it WAS NOT spring break

We had a trio on our Feb. 26th Pearl cruise, the leader whom we dubbed 'Popeye". He disrupted events all week long, and you never saw him without a drink in his hand. After 5 sleepless nights, the people next door were moved away from them. One of the trio would be passed out drunk in the hallway in the morning. They were afraid. Norwegian did nothing.

At the risk of sounding elitist, maybe Celebrity just has a better class of passenger. I took my 13 yo DD on a Summit southern Caribbean spring break cruise last year and we both commented that, despite the number of relative youngsters on board, they all seemed remarkably well behaved.

At the risk of sounding elitist, maybe Celebrity just has a better class of passenger. I took my 13 yo DD on a Summit southern Caribbean spring break cruise last year and we both commented that, despite the number of relative youngsters on board, they all seemed remarkably well behaved.

I agree.

Archived