Late departure Pacific Jewel

bronzer1

Does anyone know why the Pacific Jewel is departing Sydney tomorrow at 9.00pm insted of 4.00pm?

Cheers, Steve.:confused:

its supposed to have techincal problems and its arriving nearly 5 hours late so departure would be at 9pm

We were on the Pacific Jewel that arrived late on Sunday. We left Noumea 6 hour late due to engine problems.

Hi,

We are on Jewel in April. Can you tell me a little about your cruise, did you have a good time and who was the Cruise Director?

I do hope the engine problems have been rectified and it did not affect your trip!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi

The places we visited were great, the Islands beautiful. The ship was a disappointment especially eating in the Waterfront Restaurant, normally we eat in the Restaurants and do not use the buffet but this time the service was better there. We did hear people saying that they loved the Restaurant but more often people were disappointed in the service there. The Cruise Director was Sandy but he is leaving after the next cruise. I did read that the Ship had engine problems in Jan 2012 while sailing around NZ.

Hi

Forgot to mention that after being told of the delay and late arrival, if you had not booked your whole trip with P&O you had to sort out your own travel arrangement eg new flights and connections. The line for phones was 6hrs on Friday pm and I waited another 2 hrs on Sat. Mark Whitnee at reception was great.

Hi

Forgot to mention that after being told of the delay and late arrival, if you had not booked your whole trip with P&O you had to sort out your own travel arrangement eg new flights and connections. The line for phones was 6hrs on Friday pm and I waited another 2 hrs on Sat. Mark Whitnee at reception was great.

:confused: What do you mean by "the line for phones" - on the ship? Or on shore?

Colleen

Hi

if you dont book your flights with the cruise lines you always have to arrange your own travel arrangements and claim on your insurance

Thank you so much for the information. I hope you still were able to enjoy your cruise. I am disappointed about the dining room experience as this is where we prefer to have most of our meals. We are taking a large group this time, so I need little problems.

Did you happen to here who is taking Sandys place when he leaves. We were on Pacific Sun in February and Willie Lee was leaving there at the end of March, so I can only hope he will be the Cruise Director.

I hope they fix there mechanical problems QUICKLY!!!

There were 2 phone lines on the ship plus a mobile phone the crew were allowing people to use. To start with P&O crew were telling people they would have to claim on their travell insurance. Passenger were coming back after calling their travel insurers (on their own mobile phones) and saying that they were not covered because it was an engine problem. We then received a claim for for out of pocket expences that P&O would LOOK at.

At the moment I am waiting of P&O's response as my insurer was not very positive about my claim.

Archived