Likelihood of making this flight? POM to FLL

gadan1

American just changed my mom's return flight out of Fort Lauderdale on our Liberty B2B cruise (returning to Miami) so that it departs at 12:05pm, instead of an hour later as originally scheduled. I can't imagine with all our stuff we can realistically do self-assist. Is it realistic to think she can make this flight?

Alternatively, I can try to get them to change the flight to a 3pm flight the same day, or suck up the change fee and have her fly back the next day like I'm doing.

American just changed my mom's return flight out of Fort Lauderdale on our Liberty B2B cruise (returning to Miami) so that it departs at 12:05pm, instead of an hour later as originally scheduled. I can't imagine with all our stuff we can realistically do self-assist. Is it realistic to think she can make this flight?

Alternatively, I can try to get them to change the flight to a 3pm flight the same day, or suck up the change fee and have her fly back the next day like I'm doing.

We flew out of Ft. Lauderdale when we sailed on the Liberty (also returning to Miami). We were able to catch a 9:10am flight back to Atlanta! We were originally planning on taking a later flight, but we arrived at the Ft. Lauderdale airport with plenty of time to standby on the earlier flight.

12:05pm should work, however, because it was an airline schedule change, you should be able to request the 3pm flight without having to pay change fees.

We flew out of FLL in January after our Valor cruise which was also in POM. We were at FLL airport at 9:40am but we were platinum and got off when they were calling zones 2&3...it's definitely doable...but not worth the stress if you're gonna be worrying about it the whole time so maybe just book the 3:00 for peace of mind.

You can go to the guest service desk on the night before debark and ask for a lower zone #. We flew out of FLL in January with cruising out of Miami. We were originally given zone 11 but was able to switch to zone 2. We were off the ship well before 8am. Our flight was around 12:30 and had plenty of time to stop for breakfast and were still to the airport on the early side.

I think you would be fine, but if you are truly concerned I would (as others mentioned) have the airline switch the flight to the later one.

Good luck.

Have the airline change the flight to the one you are on(if that is OK with you). Delta did that to us on our last cruise and I called and told them we could not make the flights they had provided so they switched us to the next day. No charge for this as they are the ones who had changed the flight times.

Get them to change the flight. We flew American in Jan 11 for our cruise and they changed flight times. They had hubby landing at LAX at 12:10pm with a connecting flight at 12:05. We flew Alaska air to LAX and AMerican tried to tell me it was not their problem since Alaska changed the flight. I was able to change mine no problem and I book with air miles thru Alaska. I called Alaska and they could not chage it since it was book thru American,but they did tell me how to make them change it with no fee.....

You book this flight in order to Cruise. The Cruise line says no flights before 1 pm so that is why we booked that flight. They will and HAVE to do it free of charge.

I went ahead and had them move her to the 3pm same day flight, for no fee. She'll stress less and I'll stress less (she'll have to probably hang out at the airport, but she'll have time for lunch at the airport and she'll have her Kindle loaded up).

Flying back on my flight wasn't an option as she's flying back to Dallas and I'm heading back to Chicago and she really didn't want to stay the extra day.

you never know if something could hold up the ship arriving in port... weather...immigration...sometimes mechanical problems as the one that held up the Liberty and kept it from arriving until around 11:30 or so last week.... then add the time to get off the ship and travel to FLL.. and security lines at the airport.... If it was Miami, I might say take a chance... but with the added time to FLL.... it could be very very close... I would go with the 3 oclock flight.. and have a leisurely time getting off the ship... and maybe having lunch at the airport...

oops... just saw your reply... we added at about the same time! good for you, I think you made the best choice!

Archived