My First ever price drop!!!

Sorry but soooooo excited I had to write a post and share! :p

I just got my first ever price drop on RCCL!

Was checking the site last night and noted that the price of our TA had dropped by quite a bit.

So just got off the phone to Royal and got the price drop!

So have saved us £502!!!!!! :D

One happy Royal cruiser!

Was checking the site last night and noted that the price of our TA had dropped by quite a bit.

One happy Royal cruiser!

Congrats. I had my first ever a few weeks ago but only saved £20 :D

CK x

Wow, congrats! Thats a great drop! Out of interest, how did you book? We're thinking of booking the Independence transatlantic in November too, and are wondering about using a US travel agent. Is that the only way to take advantage of price drops?

Thanks and well done!

One happy Royal cruiser!

Congratulations! It's a great feeling, isn't it? Have a great cruise.............

I am not sure if you recieve price drop credit when booking directly with RCI, I always book with a TA because I feel it is easier to communicate with her rather than random reps on the 800 #. I actually got 2 price drops this cruise ($460) and another ($50) of OBC that my TA said was a promo when booking. Even thought I use a TA I check the site frequently and when the price drop was significant I just shot her an email.

Wow, congrats! Thats a great drop! Out of interest, how did you book? We're thinking of booking the Independence transatlantic in November too, and are wondering about using a US travel agent. Is that the only way to take advantage of price drops?

Thanks and well done!

Even thought I use a TA I check the site frequently and when the price drop was significant I just shot her an email.

It's a different story here in the UK, the price we pay is the price we pay, no such thing as price drops from travel agents here unfortunately.

I've heard that we can use a US TA though and take advantage of the price drops and lower prices, so that's what I'm wondering, hopefully it's true!

It's a different story here in the UK, the price we pay is the price we pay, no such thing as price drops from travel agents here unfortunately.

I've heard that we can use a US TA though and take advantage of the price drops and lower prices, so that's what I'm wondering, hopefully it's true!

I have claimed price drops on every one of my cruises when they have appeared. I always book direct with RCI in England and it's so easy to just call them and have them allocate you new the price.

My price drop furthest from sailing was 11 months out and a couple of years ago, I bagged a 50% price drop 5 days before sailing with an upgrade to a better cabin too!:)

We used to use a Travel Agent, but they were reluctant to call for the price drops as it affects their commission. Never had a problem since booking with RCI direct.

I have claimed price drops on every one of my cruises when they have appeared. I always book direct with RCI in England and it's so easy to just call them and have them allocate you new the price.

And you've never had to pay any admin fee? I keep reading contradicting things on price drops with RCI UK. Some folks say the first price drop is handled free of charge, but that any further price adjustments are considered a"change" and are therefore charged. Is this true?

And you've never had to pay any admin fee? I keep reading contradicting things on price drops with RCI UK. Some folks say the first price drop is handled free of charge, but that any further price adjustments are considered a"change" and are therefore charged. Is this true?

I have only had one cruise where there were multiple price drops. I was told when I claimed the first one, that there would be a £35 charge for subsequent price drops. When the next one came along, I called and asked to upgrade as the next cabin category up was now cheaper than I had paid. They changed my cabins, refunded the difference and did not mention the £35. Maybe if I had asked for a straight refund I would have been charged...don't know. Needless to say I did not ask! :rolleyes:

My price drop furthest from sailing was 11 months out and a couple of years ago, I bagged a 50% price drop 5 days before sailing with an upgrade to a better cabin too!:)

We used to use a Travel Agent, but they were reluctant to call for the price drops as it affects their commission. Never had a problem since booking with RCI direct.

I always thought that over here in the Uk the price at booking was the final price you paid but it seems that if you book direct with RCI you can still have the price drop.....that's good news.

Also I have always thought that after final payment you couldn't have any price drops but again I have been wrong seeing that you had a price drop 5 days before sailing....good news again for us folks up here in Lancashire. :D

It all depends upon which TA you use in the UK, I recently got £198 back from mine for a price drop (post final payment) on Voyager.

Always ask whether they honour the price drop (and get it in writing) before you book.

I am UK based and booked on the phone direct with UK RCCL, booked about 3 weeks ago and noticed the drop, called them this morning and got the cheaper price.

Did you book directly with RCI or TA? Our May cruise on Mariner has dropped £350 each yesterday been in touch with TA but will probably get told new bookings Anyway good for you at least 1 UK cruiser gets a price drop.

I booked direct on the phone with Royal. Call your TA and ask, that's a lot of money to miss out on, the price listed for mine was not 'new bookings' discount so I got the price drop. If need to go in to the shop and be there for their call to Royal so you can hear any explainations if it's a no.

I always thought that over here in the Uk the price at booking was the final price you paid but it seems that if you book direct with RCI you can still have the price drop.....that's good news.

Also I have always thought that after final payment you couldn't have any price drops but again I have been wrong seeing that you had a price drop 5 days before sailing....good news again for us folks up here in Lancashire. :D

I thought that too, but I'm of the don't ask, don't get school of thought. I asked and I got.

Shame didn't get same deal last year when our VOS cruise dropped by over £800 and we got nothing at all and were even unable to U/G to the next cabin as the price of a JS was less than we'd paid for a D2:eek:

We we're not happy with our TA so since then have booked direct with Royal.

You've been lucky. I noticed a price drop for my cruise today and rang to try and change to an outside cabin which is now the same price as the inside I've booked. They said it was for new bookings only and that if I wanted to change it would cost an extra £200 each!

After reading here about the UK not getting price drops I was not expecting to get anything when I saw our cruise had dropped.We had booked through a Uk based TA as well,but I took a chance and called her - she could only say no - and got a price drop of £1200.

I was very pleased with myself!

After reading here about the UK not getting price drops I was not expecting to get anything when I saw our cruise had dropped.We had booked through a Uk based TA as well,but I took a chance and called her - she could only say no - and got a price drop of £1200.

Wow! That's a really impressive saving.

I'm from the same school, if you ask, the worst thing that can say is No so why not try!

Good for you so far our TA has not come back to us. Unfortunately cannot visit shop as it is 65 miles away! Heard on last cruise (booked RCI) this company always pursued price drops but looks like we are the exception! Anyway well done you! Will pass on reply from RCI

I phoned RCI uk direct and booked our cruise.

Our Q inside cabin on the Indy for 19/5 14 nts had gone down £30 pp since we booked in Nov (£1119 to £1089)

We got the price drop.

We also got free parking and $100 obc plus another $250 obc for a price comparison when we booked in Nov.

We have been able to upgrade to an oceanview guarantee for an extra £10 £1099.

This all happened before final payment.

When I first saw the price drop it was at the weekend and I phoned rci and the man I spoke to said that after I took the drop I would be charged an admin fee of £35 if I phoned again so I waited till the Monday and phoned the lady I booked with and she said there would be no admin fee and I upgraded a week later.

So it looks like it depends who you get on the phone.

I was told that I can upgrade after final payment if a better category comes down in price.

So we're £40 better off than when we started plus an upgrade.

I'm happy with that......so far

My cabin grade went down by over £500 but it was for new bookings only so I couldn't take advantage and now there are no more E2 cabins available so I can't even compare. The E1s are still more expensive but it still irks that I couldn't get the price drop.

One happy Royal cruiser!

Good for you!!!! I know when you can save some money like that....you can always use it on other things....Way to Go....

Archived