Booking Cruise pkg in tampa for multiple nights?

steff613

I know that both Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Rocky point both have cruise packges which include transportation. Right now they are both running around $119 , but am I wrong to think that the rate of $119 should only be for one night and if we are coming in Friday that Fridays rate should be the normal nightly rate not the $119?

Steff, I would think that the extra night would be at the regular room rate. We have stayed at the Holiday Inn RP twice, I have their direct # handy. It is 813-287-8585 Perhaps you can call them direct and ask.

Also wanted to say, watch the hotel's web site for price reductions. We booked the Holiday Inn Cruise pkg last year for $119 and I kept watching the web site and they offered a special for $89. I called the hotel direct and they gave me the lower rate. I couldn't believe our luck, $89 for the whole cruise pkg, we were so happy.

Also, the Hampton and Holiday Inn are directly next to each other. I would go with the better rate but if they are the same, personally, I would book the Holiday Inn for the view alone. The Hampton sits back a little from the Bay and has a teeny-tiny pool that is fenced in and overlooks the parking lot. The Holiday Inn has a nicer and bigger pool area with loungers and umberlla tables overlooking the Bay. Also, request a Bay view room -vs- the parking lot side.

Wishing you a great time.

:)

Steff, I would think that the extra night would be at the regular room rate. We have stayed at the Holiday Inn RP twice, I have their direct # handy. It is 813-287-8585 Perhaps you can call them direct and ask.

Also wanted to say, watch the hotel's web site for price reductions. We booked the Holiday Inn Cruise pkg last year for $119 and I kept watching the web site and they offered a special for $89. I called the hotel direct and they gave me the lower rate. I couldn't believe our luck, $89 for the whole cruise pkg, we were so happy.

Also, the Hampton and Holiday Inn are directly next to each other. I would go with the better rate but if they are the same, personally, I would book the Holiday Inn for the view alone. The Hampton sits back a little from the Bay and has a teeny-tiny pool that is fenced in and overlooks the parking lot. The Holiday Inn has a nicer and bigger pool area with loungers and umberlla tables overlooking the Bay. Also, request a Bay view room -vs- the parking lot side.

Wishing you a great time.

Ive decided to go with the Holiday Inn for the view, when the cruise package dropped did you have to do a mock booking to find it or was it listed as a special?

Ive decided to go with the Holiday Inn for the view, when the cruise package dropped did you have to do a mock booking to find it or was it listed as a special?

I check the price of the pkg on the web site then call the hotel and book directly, to make sure I'm getting the lowest rate. By booking directly, I can give them our room requests, King Bed -Bay view. I then continue to watch the web-site and will do a mock booking. When I snagged the $89 special, I just called the hotel, gave them my resv# and told them about the rate on the web. They honored it and adjusted my room rate.

The rates do go up and down so don't be afraid to book to secure a room and then keep checking for price reductioins. At the very least, you have a room secured. The hotel is popular and does seem to sell out.

Have a great time.

Archived