NOISE ON "SUMMIT", port side, aft penthouse deck

poolwife

Does anyone know if it is noisy on the aft section portside of the "Summit" ship on the penthouse deck. This means from coming under the suites that all start with 6___. I have a cc class room that is stuck between the suites and was

wondering if it would be better to be up one deck between passenger decks.

The San Marco Restaurant is right below us and was wondering if there would be noise from the clanking of dishes, etc. from the restaurant.

I hope someone has experience from staying in one of those cabins. Please Help!

I am just back from a good trip on Summit when we stayed in 6130. The only noise I ever heard was my dear son snoring! Seriously it was one of the best decks I have been on and so much better than higher up (wehre I have been before) From a purely practical point, it was easier to avoid using the lifts and keep some of the "keep fit on the stairs" promises I had made before. And just an easy flight up from the Martini Bar at bedtime!!!!:)

AJ

Hi

I have had aft cabins on the Summit 3 times. Once on 5,6 & 7. They are great cabins & location. You should not have any noise from the Dining Room. In the evening there is a guitar player outside on deck 10 & you can hear the music. However, it is very pleasant and I believe it stops around 10 PM. It can only be heard from your balcony, not inside thr cabin. Hope this helps. My last cruise on the Summit was this past Feb., 2005

I have been in 6135 of the Constellation and found it to be a marvelous cabin even with the connecting door. Absolutely no noise. Can only imagine that 6143 will be the same on any of the M class ships. In fact I have reservations for 6143 on an upcoming cruise!

We have Cabin 6136 on our 1/2/06 Summit Hawaii R/T. I purposefully wanted that cabin. I felt being between 2 suites would be quieter, and location was a factor.

Can't wait!! I'll dust off my hula skirt in a couple of months....

Karyn

Texed:

Sorry! You are correct. We had the aft cabin on the deck just above the Penthouse suites. I guess it was deck 6and on the last cruise we were on deck 8. Sorry for the incorrect deck listed. Regardless, the aft cabins on the M class ships are the best IMHO. Enjoy, and have a great cruise.

Hi,

We just got off the Summit on the 22nd. Spent some time in the Penthouse Suite, 6147. The only noise heard was us partying in the Suite. You have one of the best CC class cabins on the ship in 6143 (the other being 6144). It is larger than other CC class cabins and it also has a larger balcony, made of Teak wood. I would love to have that cabin anytime. BTW, what is the San Marco restaurtant? Not familiar with any restaurant on deck 5 of the Summit by that name.

Archived