golfadj-help /nachi cocum

leenieweenie

Hi, Know you are a fan of Nachi. Have you been there recently? Are things still good? reading some posts that they have gone downhill a little. this would be our first time there and am also comparing to Mr. Sancho's.Main concern is shade and beach access. I would like a beach like HMC, with no quick drop offs. Is Nachi like that? Thanks for any input, you always seem to give good replies on this site. It really helps!

We were at Nachi last about two years ago and will be going back later this year.

Lots of shade no quick drop offs in water.

Have not heard they have gone downhill but would suggest you go to port of call pages for more info.

Thanks for compliment but lots of people here give good advise and are more knowledgable than me.

I was at Nachi 2 weeks ago and everything is still great.

Plenty of Palapas.......fast service....yummy food...clean beach with no drop offs.......huge pool and hot tub....just a great time......

I've been going there for 6 or 8 years at least twice a year and just love it and Carlos who is almost always my waiter is really great.

Hi, Know you are a fan of Nachi. Have you been there recently? Are things still good? reading some posts that they have gone downhill a little. this would be our first time there and am also comparing to Mr. Sancho's.Main concern is shade and beach access. I would like a beach like HMC, with no quick drop offs. Is Nachi like that? Thanks for any input, you always seem to give good replies on this site. It really helps!

Honest Opinion???? We went in November and definately were not impressed. DH couldn't wait to leave although I tried to get him to look past the foot tall weeds at the entry way sign, the run-down appearance of the place/parking lot, dirty restrooms, watered down drinks, poor service etc. I know most people just rave about it, and maybe we had overblown expectations, BUT, it was just not for us. And this is JUST our opinion/experience......no flaming please.:)

Honest Opinion???? We went in November and definately were not impressed. DH couldn't wait to leave although I tried to get him to look past the foot tall weeds at the entry way sign, the run-down appearance of the place/parking lot, dirty restrooms, watered down drinks, poor service etc. I know most people just rave about it, and maybe we had overblown expectations, BUT, it was just not for us. And this is JUST our opinion/experience......no flaming please.:)

Wow very surprised. Why should anyone flame you for your honest opinion?

Wow very surprised. Why should anyone flame you for your honest opinion?

I think because SO many people just love the place, that's WHY we went. I hate being the odd person out, but we just didn't enjoy it like we thought we would:o

Another example, our waiter brought 2 drinks out to us on the beach and that was it. He never came back again, we were never offered a lunch menu so we had to go up to the covered area up by the pool. We ordered two drinks from another waiter and they never came so I had to go to the bar and order again. That's the kind of service we experienced......hardly any.....it's ok though, we caught a taxi back to the ship and went to Pancho's Backyard and had terrific margarita's and lunch!

We were there in Dec and yes it had gone downhill from the previous year. The service was slower and I did not think the food was as good as before.

Thank you Ed for your response, at least we were not the only ones that felt that way:)

I think because SO many people just love the place, that's WHY we went. I hate being the odd person out, but we just didn't enjoy it like we thought we would:o

Another example, our waiter brought 2 drinks out to us on the beach and that was it. He never came back again, we were never offered a lunch menu so we had to go up to the covered area up by the pool. We ordered two drinks from another waiter and they never came so I had to go to the bar and order again. That's the kind of service we experienced......hardly any.....it's ok though, we caught a taxi back to the ship and went to Pancho's Backyard and had terrific margarita's and lunch!

The great thing about this site is that people speak their minds and there are always varying opinions about just about any subject under the sun .. Flaming is usually the result of illegal, immoral, or totally off the wall activities or comments :) I liked Nochi Cocum...but I LOVED Mr Sanchos.. :)

We were there two years ago. It was the highlight of our excursions that year. We always talk about going back the next time we are in Cozumel. Granted we don't have anything else to compare it to, but felt we got a great deal. Good, prompt service, good food, clean. My husband and I drank beer so I can't speak to watered down drinks. We "made friends" with other there and had a few shots of tequila. Trust me, they were not watered down.:p

I am sorry you had a bad experience but everyone has different expectations I guess.

Enjoy your cruise:cool:

Was there at the end of January. We were quite pleased. Not really concerned about how the parking lot looks. The facility was clean, the staff was friendly, the food good, the water relaxing and the day wonderful. We had a 10-year old granddaughter who thoroughly enjoyed jumping off the pier into the water. Our 15-year old has CP and he was treated with great respect and caring. Had a great day lounging in the pool and drinking non-alcoholic "cocktails!" We would go back, it was a very nice day.

I love Nachi and CARLOS is the BOMB!

I have not been there since the summer of 2010. If it truly has gone "downhill" that is certainly sad to hear. As far as the run down appearance of the place and the tall weeds - I believe that is typical Mexico.

We did chose to go to Mr. Sanchos new AI this past January 2012 and also loved it!

I think they are really trying to give Nachi a run for their money.

Mr. Sanchos is better for "people watching" - but I do believe that the food is better at Nachi.

Have Fun!

Never been to Nachi, but we absolutely loved Mr. Sanchos and plan to go back in July. The food was great, the drinks were great and the whole atmosphere was really fun. I really like the swing up bar, the bartenders were very attentive and I tipped them more than our waiter. It also has a swim up bar there as well as lots of cabanas. My only complaint was there was this guy who came up to introduce himself as our waiter's assistant but he really never did anything for us. He became a little disgruntled when we were leaving and did not tip him. We tipped our waiter generously but besides coming up and talking to use we never seen him do one thing. I really would recommend Mr. Sanchos.

I went to Nachi Cocum the first time on a beautiful day last May with a group of ladies. The beaches were clean, the water was crystal blue and calm, the pool and hot tub were perfect. I was drinking beer that day since I had a lot of sweet drinks on the cruise already, so not sure about the watered down drinks. I don't remember the food too much during this trip as I was enjoying the beer a lot! We did have Carlos as our waiter and I have to agree he is hard working and takes care of his guests. It was a wonderful day!

I was so excited to share this experience with my husband so on our last cruise in November we went to Nachi Cocum. It was a windy overcast day, the water was rough, it stirred up sea grass and it was all along the shoreline. By the end of our day at N.C. they had it almost all picked up. They do keep the beach area well maintained. I was disappointed that the hot tub was not hot when we were there but we didn't let the weather or the hot tub ruin our vacation. We made the best of it, we were in Mexico on the beach on vacation. This time I did remember the food and it was delicious.

All I have to say is some people like it some don't. While we were there in November there were several groups that came and left. If I had to guess it was more likely from the wind and the rough seas. We live near the beach so fortunately we can go to the beach anytime but some people were there only for the beach and they may have been disappointed with the rough surf conditions.

There will be five of us going back to Nachi Cocum in May and we plan on having another fabulous time!!

Going there in 20 days, from what I've found it seems about every 1 in 8 are a less than stellar reviews. Seems the latest pattern is the beginning of the month cruisers since December report the hot tub not working. End of the month cruisers say it's A-OK. We will be there on the 7th...

A question for those that get great service, do you tip the waiters a buck or so each time you get service?

Going there in 20 days, from what I've found it seems about every 1 in 8 are a less than stellar reviews. Seems the latest pattern is the beginning of the month cruisers since December report the hot tub not working. End of the month cruisers say it's A-OK. We will be there on the 7th...

A question for those that get great service, do you tip the waiters a buck or so each time you get service?

We just tipped before we left. We hung out at the swim up bar so we tipped Juan (I think that is his name) as well.

I was there on Jan. 31 and while I enjoyed the day resort it wasn't what I had expected. There are lots of palapas and hamocks. The beach and water are beautiful. Service was a little slow (until one of our group gave the waiter a $20) and the food was so so. The ribs were great, the chicken wings over cooked (at least for me). Would I go back again, yes! But I would be a little wiser on expectations next time around.

I love love love Nachi, however; in November the hot tub was not heating up at all. In January neither the pool nor the hot tub were heated. I thought it had gone down hill a bit. Do wish they would get the hot tub and pool heaters repaired. The bathrooms were also pretty bad. I stll love it and get great service, but it's not what it use to be. Nachi just needs to put a little of the money they are making back into the place.

My DH and I were there this past Christmas ....I really liked it! The beach was clean and beautiful...we had our own little grass umbrella with plenty of shade....the bathrooms were clean but the hot tub was far from hot;)....we too had to go up to the covered area to get a menu when we got hungry but our service was great and the drinks were non stop! It took awhile after the first one but then we just ordered two at a time with no problem:D I loved the swim up bar and how relaxing the whole place felt!

Have been to NC a couple of times - and yes Carlos is the best. Enjoyed both visits - great service, great view and no big crowds.... food and drinks also very good (and my pina colada was alrway replaced when it was 3/4 gone :) )

But sorry to report the hot tub has never been hot - even back in January 2010 I remember referring to it as the 'warm' tub :D:D

We were there over Thanksgiving, our first trip (first cruise). We had read great reviews about Nachi Cocum. Sadly, we were let down. The beach was beautiful!!! Bathrooms were so-so, lunch was so-so, drinks were virgin. If you expect drinks with any alcohol in them, this is NOT the place to go. We are NOT drinkers, and after eight fru-fru drinks not so much as felt any tipsy -- nodda thing. So if you want the 'free drinks' and think this is the bargain of the day, wrong!! Perhaps the exception is a sealed bottle of beer. The service was poor, waiter was not on the ball. Additionally, they came around trying to sell extra services (water sports, etc) as well as a photo they took as you arrived. If you are going for the surrounding and private beach - then it's worth it. If you are considering the free drinks and food, I suspect there are much better choices.

I first went to Nachi in 2008 during Spring Break with a gal friend. We thought it was the best place ever: great drinks, food, barely anybody there.

This year went back at Xmas with husband and the in-laws. I definitely thought it had gone downhill, but it was so good the first time, that downhill is still pretty good. I didn't mention my opinion to anybody who was with me (who were all there for the first time), and everybody thought it was great.

I think they are letting in a lot more than 100 people per day. It was really busy! I put the count around 150+ at peak times, around 1 or 2 when we were there. Service was slower than at my first visit, and the food wasn't as good, but like somebody said above, you can ask for more than one drink at a time. I like a Corona w/ lime margarita chaser...Also, get the menu right when you get there, and order food every couple of hours over the course of the day.

I think it is still a good deal, just not the reserved paradise it was on my first visit. I think we will try Mr. Sanchos next time, as I've never been there yet. There is lots of shade; I think they've added many palapas down the beach since my first visit.

Also, when I was there, a 5-ish year old kid was complaining to his dad that he had to go poop. We were way far down the beach from the bathroom, and the dad obviously was a lazy jerk. He told the kid to poop in the ocean. Pretty sure he didn't know my crew heard all of it, and it was gross to see the kid go out and squat off shore. This was around 3:00, and none of us went in the ocean after that (obvi.) Just made sure the other people around us knew what happened so they didn't go in either. Ick.

I first went to Nachi in 2008 during Spring Break with a gal friend. We thought it was the best place ever: great drinks, food, barely anybody there.

This year went back at Xmas with husband and the in-laws. I definitely thought it had gone downhill, but it was so good the first time, that downhill is still pretty good. I didn't mention my opinion to anybody who was with me (who were all there for the first time), and everybody thought it was great.

I think they are letting in a lot more than 100 people per day. It was really busy! I put the count around 150+ at peak times, around 1 or 2 when we were there. Service was slower than at my first visit, and the food wasn't as good, but like somebody said above, you can ask for more than one drink at a time. I like a Corona w/ lime margarita chaser...Also, get the menu right when you get there, and order food every couple of hours over the course of the day.

I think it is still a good deal, just not the reserved paradise it was on my first visit. I think we will try Mr. Sanchos next time, as I've never been there yet. There is lots of shade; I think they've added many palapas down the beach since my first visit.

Also, when I was there, a 5-ish year old kid was complaining to his dad that he had to go poop. We were way far down the beach from the bathroom, and the dad obviously was a lazy jerk. He told the kid to poop in the ocean. Pretty sure he didn't know my crew heard all of it, and it was gross to see the kid go out and squat off shore. This was around 3:00, and none of us went in the ocean after that (obvi.) Just made sure the other people around us knew what happened so they didn't go in either. Ick.

I thought you could only order food once.

What kind of a father tells his kids to do that? YUCK

The great thing about this site is that people speak their minds and there are always varying opinions about just about any subject under the sun .. Flaming is usually the result of illegal, immoral, or totally off the wall activities or comments :) I liked Nochi Cocum...but I LOVED Mr Sanchos.. :)

I agree with you been to both and I prefer Mr. Sanchos , they have Awsome coconut shrimp and The whole fried fish was great!! And they are not stingy with the alcohol in their drinks, I will choose Mr Samchos over Nachi. Just my opinion

Archived