Mini Suites Sold Out for April 2006

Socal404

I was checking prices for an AC mini suite on the Sun for next April to the Panama Canal. I'm told they are Sold Out already. Is this possible? Do you think if I call my TA there might still be some available? I know they are popular, but this is rediculous! :confused:

I'm also confussed about ship location for the suite/mini-suite cabins. I always thought that the center of the ship is the smoothest. Why do they seem to put the better cabins in the front or back of the ship?

Aft cabins are highly sought after - some of us prefer this location to mid-ship locations. Also - having these cabins aft gives these minisuites larger balconies (which many people also love).

It wouldn't surprise me if these minisuites are sold out - there are not as many minisuites on the Sun Class as there are on the Grand class ships. Plus, these minisuites are larger then those on the Grand and Coral class.

We booked our aft AB mini for next March over two months ago, that is 13 months in advance. Right now, there are none available. Looks like I made the right choice this time booking so far in advance. And I hate to have to book so far ahead, but when you want a certain stateroom, you almost have to unless you just get plain lucky.

And even booking 13 months out, I had to take my third choice for cabins, the best two were already booked. :confused:

Yes, this is possible. An agent I know was trying to get people on a few Diamond sailings for next year and was also told they were sold out.

Have you thought about going on a waitlist? Sometimes people book them just because they can and then cancel.

Archived