Can we use Sanctuary pool?

mrsfuzzmo

I know all about reserving a chair at the Sanctuary and all the scuttle on it. We have no interest, but I'm wondering if you have to be part of the reservation process to use the pool there. Can we just wander in and use the pool, or do we have to reserve a chair to use that pool/hot tubs? We'll be on the Ruby.

Yes - you can use the pool. It is adult only though - and there are a few lounge chairs down where the pool is that are also free....hard to get and sometimes in the shade - but it is quiet and nice there....

On the Island Princess (not sure about the sister-ship Coral), The Sanctuary Pool was for the exclusive use of Sanctuary patrons. Other passengers were limited to the use of the Lotus Pool (covered) that was a "family pool" during DH and my Panama Canal cruise, and the Lido Pool had MUTS :(

Chris

I am curious as to whether the Diamond Princess has a Sanctuary pool that is closed off to other guests? I am not interested in paying for deck space that was previously common to everyone, and am a little bit resentful of this Sanctuary business. I mean - If the cruise lines want to go back to the class system, then more power to them. I will be taking my 1st Princess cruise in several years in May, 2013. The last time I cruised Princess was in 2006 and I loved it! Between this and the new smoking policy, I'll determine if I book another Princess cruise after this upcoming one.

But a thank you in advance to the great advice I know I will receive regarding the Diamond Princess and it's Sanctuary pool.

Cheers!

Taters

This will be our first cruise on Princess and I was wondering where and when do you go to book space for Sanctuary? Thanks...we will be sailing on Ruby 4/8/12.

Here's a recent discussion about this topic that was started earlier today:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1597073

This might answer your questions and prepare you for the possibility of changes to the system.

Chris

I am curious as to whether the Diamond Princess has a Sanctuary pool that is closed off to other guests? I am not interested in paying for deck space that was previously common to everyone, and am a little bit resentful of this Sanctuary business. I mean - If the cruise lines want to go back to the class system, then more power to them. I will be taking my 1st Princess cruise in several years in May, 2013. The last time I cruised Princess was in 2006 and I loved it! Between this and the new smoking policy, I'll Bdetermine if I book another Princess cruise after this upcoming one.

But a thank you in advance to the great advice I know I will receive regarding the Diamond Princess and it's Sanctuary pool.

Cheers!

Taters

Only Island and Coral have dedicated pools for the Sanctuary.

We were on the Coral two years ago and yes the pool was gated. We asked the staff and they said it was not restricted to Sanctuary patrons.

It definitely is. I was on the Coral for 17 days last year. You had to pay to use that pool and staff would shoo you out pretty quick.

Archived