Is there a top deck for adults on RCCL?

Well, not officially, but…

On our Grandeur cruise last year we noticed quite a few adults sunning on the “Observatory” level (a few steps up from Deck 10, forward). This area is probably among the most private on the ship. While certainly not nude, this was the place to come with your “string bikini”.

While ideal for viewing the ships bow, I remember hearing my DW repeat several times… “Okay, you’ve seen enough, let’s get back to the pool…”

:D :eek:

Parrothead8 is right. In our Compass from last weeks Sovereign it stated that topless sunbathing was restricted to European cruises.

Bummer......that's a prime, quiet spot on all the Carnival ships. Also, the best view (of the ocean :eek: ) on the whole ship! I will miss that on my next RCCL cruise.

Not on RCCL. I did see them on Carnival. I laughed when I noticed lots of old guys going up there to check things out. In Nassau, we realized a topless girl on the beach was a dancer on the ship. Gotta keep away those tan lines.

Mary

Plymouth, MA

anybody know......

Not on RCCL. I did see them on Carnival. I laughed when I noticed lots of old guys going up there to check things out. In Nassau, we realized a topless girl on the beach was a dancer on the ship. Gotta keep away those tan lines.

Mary

Plymouth, MA

That's why we DON"T sail Carnival. If you want privacy/quiet/adults only on RCCL then go to the Solarium. I work with too many men who sail Carnival for the Carnival "show". Not my idea of a family vacation. My opinion, you don't have to agree.I don't have to care.

That's why we DON"T sail Carnival. If you want privacy/quiet/adults only on RCCL then go to the Solarium. ..... Not my idea of a family vacation. My opinion, you don't have to agree.I don't have to care.

I agree. Because of our kids and the topless deck, DH will not even consider Carnival.

I agree. Because of our kids and the topless deck, DH will not even consider Carnival.

The topless deck on Carnival ships is very private and actually pretty hard to access.

I love when people think their children will be forever damaged by a topless bather on a ship but take their children to islands where topless sunbathing is common on most beaches.

Seeing a naked b**b is not a big deal...unless you make it one.

I just got back from Mexico aboard the Carnival Spirit, and as some of you may know, they have an upscale restaurant just in front of the 'funnel', with transparent tinted glass looking forward. Well, as I was up in the "Supper Club" chatting with a musician one afternoon, there was in plain sight, a well-endowed sunbather just in front of the forward funnel glass, no more than 25 feet away, one deck above. Here we were, at the restaurant level (Deck 10) and there she was, all for the employees to see (along with some lucky passengers like myself). She was totally oblivious to our eyes, as the glass is tinted a dark magenta from the outside to match the red funnel. I'm thinking that she might have been a dancer/singer in the show, because there were some performers that met her qualifications, no pun intended. :D

The topless deck on Carnival ships is very private and actually pretty hard to access.

I love when people think their children will be forever damaged by a topless bather on a ship but take their children to islands where topless sunbathing is common on most beaches.

Seeing a naked b**b is not a big deal...unless you make it one.

It's just simply my choice not to have it as part of my vacation,that's all. I'm not restrictiing anyone's precious rights. Go where you want, do what you want. I don't care. I'm simply making a personal choice for me, and my family. You can make choices for yours- and unlike you. I won't won't share my opinion about it. I choose "I' statements. "I" don't consider that an enjoyable part of "my" vacation. My children are quite comfortable with the human body, as we are both in the medical profession, they probably understand the purpose and function of these body parts than most adults. "I" chose not to go on a ship that has topless bathing- with or without the kids. Since we went there- why only topless bathing? Why not all nude? Why not men nude?

Always wondered about that? I would like to go sit up there with my naked husband and take a look at your anatomy................I mean, it's natural, right?lol.

Since we went there- why only topless bathing? Why not all nude? Why not men nude? Always wondered about that? I would like to go sit up there with my naked husband and take a look at your anatomy................I mean, it's natural, right?

You are absolutely right and I agree absolutely. It´s all natural and we all have a human body so what´s all about it. I don´t care and don´t go blind when seeing a naked body as well as nobody will get blind if I´m seen naked. It´s the same like in the Sauna or steam room.

It's just simply my choice not to have it as part of my vacation,that's all. I'm not restrictiing anyone's precious rights. Go where you want, do what you want. I don't care. I'm simply making a personal choice for me, and my family. You can make choices for yours- and unlike you. I won't won't share my opinion about it. I choose "I' statements. "I" don't consider that an enjoyable part of "my" vacation. My children are quite comfortable with the human body, as we are both in the medical profession, they probably understand the purpose and function of these body parts than most adults. "I" chose not to go on a ship that has topless bathing- with or without the kids. Since we went there- why only topless bathing? Why not all nude? Why not men nude?

Always wondered about that? I would like to go sit up there with my naked husband and take a look at your anatomy................I mean, it's natural, right?lol.

The point I'm trying to make is that the topless sunbathing is not flaunted on Carnival. It merely exists as an option. Folks using the funnel deck are not on display since you have to be on that deck to see anything and access is somewhat restricted. Ruling out Carnival only because they have the option a topless deck is very myopic....IMO of course.

Archived