Are drinks the same price in all the bars?

dig21

I ordered a Belvidere martini on NCL's Pride of Aloha and was charged $14 at one bar and $6 at another, for the same drink!

Now...it doesn't take a rocket scientiest to figure out which of these two bars I frequented for the rest of the cruise :rolleyes:

A lot of times if you order "premium" liquor, the bartender may only charge you for "house" liquor. Also, a large drink (using two shots as opposed to one) may cost more with some bartenders than a "regular" drink, and some bartenders may charge you the same amount either way...

All I can say is, it depends on the bartender...if you find a good one STICK WITH HIM OR HER FOR THE ENTIRE CRUISE!!! And have fun, regardless of what the charge is :D

Prices are not always the same in all the bars. There are times when they will run drink specials but the price is only available in a certain bar. These specials will be listed in the Compass with the hours and location that they are available. They will also, at times, run drink specials that are available in all the bars. Aside from specials, prices should be the same throughout the ship.

Norwegian cruises usually have 2 for 1 drinks at bars after 11pm (Bars listed in the daily planner). Great if you have a refrigerator in your room to stock up on beverages. I noticed lots of people carrying helmets of beer bottles. However, on Royal Caribbean we found the same prices everywhere we went. The only drink specials we could find were the drink of the day. They used to have buy 5 beers and get one free, but couldn't find that last month on our Royal Caribbean Cruise in Hawaii. We usually find cheap drinks at ports. St. Marten has canned beer for a buck--BUD. Very refreshing on a hot day.

Mary

Plymouth, MA

I was just wondering if the drink prices are the same at each of the bar's or are some more expensive the others?

My experience is that the prices are the same from bar to bar. What varies - and it is an important difference - is the quality of those drinks. And that is of course based on the bartenders. Some will give you a "quality" pour - others not so much. That is where appropriate tipping can benefit you.

I must be the only one who noticed but some bars do charge more. I was on the Monarch and the latin themed bar (i can't recall the name) had martini's for $2-$3 more than the other bars. Some of the bars have the same drink menu, which means that they have the same prices. Like the others said certain bars will have happy hours and offer margaritas or other drinks on sale, but the only drink you can find for the same price at every bar is the Drink and Shot of the day.

Archived