comfortable shoes for formal night

NoobCruise

I'm actually excited about dressing up for the night now :) Amazing how deciding to go for comfort can change the attitude lol

Change your attitude.......change your life:) Try DSW if you'd like a nice selection of cute dress flats to try on in the store. The prices are also easy on the wallet. I unfortunately can't buy from them because I'm a 12W & they don't usually carry that size.:( I shop at Avenue & just bought a REALLY cute & comfy pair of platform wedges this past weekend. At my age (55), if they don't feel good in the store...they're NOT coming home with me. Just because I have "boats" doesn't mean I'll sacrafice the cuteness factor!

Walk into a Sketchers store and see all the sparkly flip-flop styles - I call them formal flip-flops. Although they don't provide the support that my Keen sandals do, I'll wear them for a few hours on formal night. Heard a ship comedian makes jokes about formal flip-flops - as I was sitting in the audience wearing them, lol.

Walk into a Sketchers store and see all the sparkly flip-flop styles - I call them formal flip-flops. Although they don't provide the support that my Keen sandals do, I'll wear them for a few hours on formal night. Heard a ship comedian makes jokes about formal flip-flops - as I was sitting in the audience wearing them, lol.

We'll be in Alaska in September. I have a hunch my feet would freeze in flip flops, not to mention I would probably not be allowed in the dining room lol

Love the sparkly one! Something similar in patent would be good as well. I'd probably avoid a black leather flat, I think the dress needs something with sparkle or shine. My opinion.

By the way, I wear sparkly flat thong style sandals to a semi-formal event we attend every year. I have to stand four about five hours, and I'm just no longer willing to do it in heels.

We'll be in Alaska in September. I have a hunch my feet would freeze in flip flops, not to mention I would probably not be allowed in the dining room lol

Right, no flip flops in Alaska, lol. Only the Caribbean. And they actually do let you in the MDR. If the rest of you is formal, then formal flip flops will work. But of course, not in Alaska.

Archived