Car Rental in Hawaii

squaremimi

This is not a cruise related question, but I figure this is the best place to ask for help. We will be doing a land vacation in Hawaii in May and will go to the Big Island for a few days, base on our itinery, we want to pick up the rental car at the Hilo airport and drop off the car at the Kona airport, however, when we made our request to the Discount Hawaii Rental Car, it shows a drop off fee of $45. I want to know do all the car rental companies charge this fee? (coz we seldom have rental cars) Also, we would also like to rent a car for only 1 day in Honolulu, since we are staying at the Waikiki area, does anyone know if there are any car rental office(s) where I can pick up and drop off the car in Waikiki and avoid going to the airport? Thanks a lot!

I've worked for a car rental company for years. The drop fee between Hilo and Kona has existed for years and most company have it. In Honolulu most of the major companies have locations at the airport and in Waikiki without a drop fee.

• 1 month later...

Non related to your question but there is a great website which is sister site to CC called tripadvisor.com and it's for land vacationers, its quite good and y'll find a lot of locals reply to questions.

You can use it for hotels restaurants etc.

Archived