Voyager PH Aft cabins??

We are looking at choosing a PH 3 cabin. They all seem to be in the aft portion of the ship. Can anyone share their experience with this cabin choice? Our TA has booked us on Deck 9.

I assume you are speaking of Voyager's aft-facing suites. If so, I have to say that I have been quite satisfied with them and love the large balcony. However, there are reports of vibration sometimes and if you do a search you can read the opposing views of those who don't mind it (I am one) and those who find it troublesome.

I did my first Voyager cruise in one in the Western Med. It was delightful in the warm summer evenings with a drink on the extra large balcony. I would do it again in a flash.

We spent 60 days last year in an aft C cabin. Deck 9 is our preferred deck. Deck 10 is right under La Veranda (occasional breakfast noise from Alfresco diners). Deck 6 is right above the lounge. Aft cabins are great for sail-away's and you always get to see both sides.

We are booked in an aft cabin on deck 9 for B2B Dubai to Istanbul so we will let you know how it is. We look forward to the larger balcony. We decided to book this location (dispite vibration reports) because our favourite sail away location regardless of the ship we are on, has been the aft lounge. Very soon, the aft lounge will be our balcony!

Stay tuned!

It is only fair to give all sides of the story. Aft suites on the Voyager are subject to mild to significant vibration (that creates noise from everything vibrating against each other). Some people are not bothered in the least by it. Others are very upset and are unable to sleep.

If you want details, do a search on Voyager aft vibration.

It is only fair to give all sides of the story. Aft suites on the Voyager are subject to mild to significant vibration (that creates noise from everything vibrating against each other). Some people are not bothered in the least by it. Others are very upset and are unable to sleep.

If you want details, do a search on Voyager aft vibration.

In an effort to give all sides, I did mention the vibration which bothers some people and suggested a search in my post #2 above.

Well, here's my two cents: We recently returned from the Auckland/Sydney Voyager segment. (Haven't posted a review, but will. Service was extraordinary, including hauling our golf clubs to the gangway when needed). We had a Penhouse C, deck 8, port side, with the wrap around balcony. Overall, I would do it again because the view from the balcony was fantastic in the fjords. But the vibration is there, no doubt about it. It bothered me and woke me up a few times but my wife was not bothered by it in the least (so there you go). I would make the decision on the number of sea days and what's to see, etc. I wouldn't compare them to the Mariner Horizon Suites--we love those, no reservations.

we had stayed in 868 on the voyagere in 2010. The balcony was wonderful, cabin great and service ...well, as to be expected with Regent.

But yes, there were quite a few vibrations especially during the night when the ship was going faster to reach the next destination. This was the cruise right before the Voyager experienced the pod burn-out arriving in Athens, so we figured it had to do with the malfunctioning pod.

During the night, there were quite a few rattles in the paneling and walls. Nothing too outrageous though and we slept fine.

husband and I were in 784, a deck 7 aft-facing on Voyager for a TA crossing. neither of us felt any vibration that caused us to remark on it, nor did we hear other passengers discussing "the problem." we had very calm seas but were also moving non-stop.

one thing I remember as possibly a drawback with the aft location is we usually used the forward elevators or stairs and found tripping to and from the cabin to be a slog. there were times I would simply jog along the corridor in my impatience to "run back to the cabin" if I forgot something. a very small detail but one that sticks in my memory!

the aft-facing are also somewhat secluded and off the main corridor. a different experience and can definitely recommend.

Archived