Changes to Romance Package

After hearing from a friend and reading on here about the romance packages I was all ready to pull the trigger on it. However, TA just informed me that the rep advised there were changes to the package and this was the new description she was given:

This package includes a bottle of chilled CALIFORNIA CHARDONAY BRUT or Non-alcoholic Sparkling Wine and

Royal Caribbean delicious vanilla cupcakes upon arrival; a tray of elegant canapés before dinner, and delicious petit

fours after dinner on the first formal evening; 9 CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES during the cruise; and

a silver-framed, 8" x 10" keepsake portrait.

Here is the description as shown on the Gifts and Gear portion of the website:

Classic Romance Package Non-Alcoholic $80.00 - NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE

Item# 1061

This package includes a bottle of chilled Domaine Chandon Champagne or Non-alcoholic Sparkling Wine and Royal

Caribbean delicious vanilla cupcakes upon arrival; a tray of elegant canapés before dinner, and delicious petit fours

after dinner on the first formal evening; breakfast in bed one morning during the cruise; and a silver-framed,

8" x 10" keepsake portrait.

The new description provided from customer service to my TA this morning and on my original post has eliminated the Domaine Chandon and just described the alcohol selection as "a bottle of chilled CALIFORNIA CHARDONAY BRUT " and they have eliminated the breakfast in bed which I had read on this board was an upgraded menu from standard room service and included either mimosa or bloody mary. To me, chocolate covered strawberries is a poor subsitution when you can probably find them somewhere on the ship anyway.

California chardonnay brut - is that Korbel? a real step down from the Chandon if that is the case.

Interesting. We've already booked and paid for this package for our upcoming cruise based on the earlier description, although we chose the non-alcholic version. The big difference appears to be the breakfast. I wonder ... since I paid for this before the change, which "version" should I expect?

Unfortunately there is likely some language in there that allows for substitutions, but I hardly call chocolate covered strawberries an adequate substitution for "breakfast in bed".

If I am correct the flowers as well as robes were included in the $200 package not the $100 package and the breakfast in bed was great and did include french toast and some other items not normally on the breakfast room service menu.

Cindy

DSC_1238-1.jpg

DSC_1239.jpg

Thanks for posting the pictures! I've been contemplating getting the $200 package for my cruise in May as it's our psuedo-honeymoon (we were married in 2010 but no honeymoon then).

If I am correct the flowers as well as robes were included in the $200 package not the $100 package and the breakfast in bed was great and did include french toast and some other items not normally on the breakfast room service menu.

Cindy

Here is the description as shown on the Gifts and Gear portion of the website:

Classic Romance Package Non-Alcoholic $80.00 - NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE

Item# 1061

This package includes a bottle of chilled Domaine Chandon Champagne or Non-alcoholic Sparkling Wine and Royal

Caribbean delicious vanilla cupcakes upon arrival; a tray of elegant canapés before dinner, and delicious petit fours

after dinner on the first formal evening; breakfast in bed one morning during the cruise; and a silver-framed,

8" x 10" keepsake portrait.

The new description provided from customer service to my TA this morning and on my original post has eliminated the Domaine Chandon and just described the alcohol selection as "a bottle of chilled CALIFORNIA CHARDONAY BRUT " and they have eliminated the breakfast in bed which I had read on this board was an upgraded menu from standard room service and included either mimosa or bloody mary. To me, chocolate covered strawberries is a poor subsitution when you can probably find them somewhere on the ship anyway.

California chardonnay brut - is that Korbel? a real step down from the Chandon if that is the case.

Psst...That Chandon IS a California sparkling. Further Chandon does make a California Chardonnay brut (so it could still be Chandon...). I feel you're comparing PBR to Schlitz or something.

Psst...That Chandon IS a California sparkling. Further Chandon does make a California Chardonnay brut (so it could still be Chandon...).

I believe you are correct as Chandon is made in California... which means that RCI was incorrectly calling it "champagne" since it was not from the champagne region of France. Chandon's website calls it sparkling wine, which is the correct term for any champagne not produced in France. It looks like they may have just corrected the name of what is in the package.

Thanks for posting the pictures! I've been contemplating getting the $200 package for my cruise in May as it's our psuedo-honeymoon (we were married in 2010 but no honeymoon then).

You're very welcome.....We really enjoyed it.....and the robes make a good souvenir.....ps make sure you have your picture made on formal night because you get to pick one 8x10 to go in your silver frame that comes with the package!

I hope they don't take away the breakfast in bed though! We went for our 25th anniversary and had it delivered the morning of our anniversary. It was a great way to start the day! By the way the flowers lasted the whole 7 nights! Don't know what they fed them but they were beautiful all week!

Cindy

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you guys know that the changes listed here are only partially correct. I heard from rci today and the only change is from the cupcakes to chocolate covered strawberries. Everything else including break in bed is the same :)

Psst...That Chandon IS a California sparkling. Further Chandon does make a California Chardonnay brut (so it could still be Chandon...). I feel you're comparing PBR to Schlitz or something.

HA HA! PBR to Schlitz! A bit of a wine snob are we?:p

Archived