Poker tournaments on the jewel???????

Diamond60

How does NCL 'Poker Tournaments' work?? Is there more than one table at a time? Do they run past one or two days? What is the average buy-in amount ($20, $60...)? Hubby wants to know.

Thanks everyone for your responses!

NCL takes a 25% cut right off. Then you play for a couple hours each for a couple sessions, with multiple buy-in opportunities.

If you think the house cut is bad on bingo, you shouldn't be surprised by the poker pay-out odds...

The Texas hold'em tournament starts at 11am and can last anywhere from 3-5 hours depending on how many people sign-up. they will have multiple tables going until they get down to the final 10 people which will then play at the main table. Entry fee can be anywhere from $20.00 to $100.00 with add-ons and buy-ins available for the 1st hour. After the 1st hour there can be no more buy-ins or add-ons. In the first hour, the blinds start at 100/200 and increase to 200/400 after the first half-hour. after the first hour, there is a fifteen minute break. After the Break, the blinds then increase every 15 minutes until there is a winner. These tournaments only happens on sea days. I was in 3 tournaments on the SUN this past fall for the first time and finished in 7th place, 6th place and 12th place. It was alot of fun and the people were fantastic

The Texas hold'em tournament starts at 11am and can last anywhere from 3-5 hours depending on how many people sign-up. they will have multiple tables going until they get down to the final 10 people which will then play at the main table. Entry fee can be anywhere from $20.00 to $100.00 with add-ons and buy-ins available for the 1st hour. After the 1st hour there can be no more buy-ins or add-ons. In the first hour, the blinds start at 100/200 and increase to 200/400 after the first half-hour. after the first hour, there is a fifteen minute break. After the Break, the blinds then increase every 15 minutes until there is a winner. These tournaments only happens on sea days. I was in 3 tournaments on the SUN this past fall for the first time and finished in 7th place, 6th place and 12th place. It was alot of fun and the people were fantastic

Wat is starting chip stack?

I heard 2000, if this is correct then its only an all in game.

Wat is starting chip stack?

I heard 2000, if this is correct then its only an all in game.

You do start out with $2000.00 but it really isn't an all in game considering that you can do unlimited buy-ins in the first hour if your stack goes below $2000.00 .....of course you will get the idiots that will go all in and when they bust they do the buy-in. there was one guy at my table last year that must have done 6 buy-ins. The games do last between 3 and 5 hours

You do start out with $2000.00 but it really isn't an all in game considering that you can do unlimited buy-ins in the first hour if your stack goes below $2000.00 .....of course you will get the idiots that will go all in and when they bust they do the buy-in. there was one guy at my table last year that must have done 6 buy-ins. The games do last between 3 and 5 hours

I don't have experience in rebuy structures, I always play live in +/- 80$ buy ins where we start with 5000 chips and 25/50 blinds / 20 min.

It looks to me that you start rigth away with an end game strategy until you actualy dubble up (you start with an M = 6.7). So I think that the luck factor is important in the first 25 hands.

I played a couple of tourneys on the Dawn a few weeks ago. Here is a couple of thoughts:

Although the stated buy in is $60, this is really a $120 buy-in because at the first break they offer a "chip up" for another $60. Most everyone takes this so you kind of need to also unless you have a huge amount of chips by the break.

The tourney really plays like a turbo so you do have to hit cards.

You can buy back in before the first break, I never did this but a lot do. Although this changes the tourney strategy somewhat it does make the pot bigger.

This is not a tourney I would play for profit. It is fun however, and I got to meet a lot of poker players which helped get a cash game going at later times. Yes, the structures and rakes are killer, but it was fun.

I play in all the Cruise Texas Hold-Em Tournaments and so far NCL which We cruised with for the first time last year had the best....

There were 3 tables full with Re-Buys/Add ons....

I made the Final Table and when it was down to 4 of us left We Split the winnings.....

Wound up with over $600 each.....It was Fun and this coming May I'll be playing again....

CANT WAIT......:D

Archived