Wait liste dining...eek

QUIGONATOR

:eek: We've never been wait listed before, we've always gotten our request. What is the best way to deal with the wait listed dining? How early shall we try to get on the boat to go to dining room? I think they are not there until a certain time, any idea what time they open the dinig room for people to try to make changes???

We were wait listed for early dining and ended up not getting it. As well we got a really bad table in the less desirable dining room on the Freedom.

We guessed it is because we were on the wait list.

On our cruise the maitre D was open between 1:30 and 3:30pm on the first day for requests. We asked if we could change tables to a more attractive table - it was denied.

Good luck!

The dining room should be open for requests around 1:30 ish...BUT people will start lining up around noon...they can only make so many changes so the closer to the front of the line you are the better off you may be...

:eek: We've never been wait listed before, we've always gotten our request. What is the best way to deal with the wait listed dining? How early shall we try to get on the boat to go to dining room? I think they are not there until a certain time, any idea what time they open the dinig room for people to try to make changes???

First just take a deep breath. Just because you are wait listed does not mean that you will not get your requested time. When you board you will be given a dining time. If it is not what you want stop by and see if you can get it changed. Very few people try to make changes so there is no reason to rush. If they can accommodate your change request they will, but it may not be until the second night.

We booked last Thrusday for our upcoming cruise in 3 weeks. Every dining option is waitlisted on this sailing. We chose ATD. We have done erly, late, and ATD. They all have pros and cons. Don't worry!

So is it usually the 6pm dining time that gets filled up first? We are cruising with some other family member who haven't booked yet because they will be part of a group. I chose the any time because that is what I am used to on NCL. They plan on choosing the 6pm. If I decide to change ours to the 6pm should I do it sooner than later? Thanks

So is it usually the 6pm dining time that gets filled up first? We are cruising with some other family member who haven't booked yet because they will be part of a group. I chose the any time because that is what I am used to on NCL. They plan on choosing the 6pm. If I decide to change ours to the 6pm should I do it sooner than later? Thanks

If you want to eat with them, you should link the bookings and all of you need to request the same dining time as soon as possible. The earlier that you make a request the more likely that it will be accommodated.

We were wait listed for early dining and ended up not getting it. As well we got a really bad table in the less desirable dining room on the Freedom.

Good luck!

Just curious, what makes one dining room more "desirable" than the other?

Just curious, what makes one dining room more "desirable" than the other?

I don't think any of them are more desirable...the main and largest dining room in the back of the ship is where the head (ie Ken Byrne) Maitre'd will be, though he may come to the forward dining room just to check in.

Fixed time dining is done in both venues so singing waiters and such happen in both venues, but Your Time Dining is most often in one part of the forward dining room or on the upper level of the dining room if there is only one.

The menu's are exactly the same.

I do YTD now and have for the past 8 or 10 cruises. It just fits with my style of cruising better.

We enjoy YTD. Some nights we were having dinner at 5:45pm (a sea day) and another night after gettnig back to the ship at 6pm from a Carnival excursion, we went to YTD at 9:00pm.

Some families of younger children like the early dining because that's usually the time that the kids clubs shut down for dinner. Kids clubs usually start up again around 8pm so if you have late dining at 8:15pm, you'll miss it.

Others like early dining, then like to go to an 8pm show.

With those 2 factors alone, YTD and early dining would probably book up faster than late dining.

I don't think any of them are more desirable...the main and largest dining room in the back of the ship is where the head (ie Ken Byrne) Maitre'd will be, though he may come to the forward dining room just to check in.

Fixed time dining is done in both venues so singing waiters and such happen in both venues, but Your Time Dining is most often in one part of the forward dining room or on the upper level of the dining room if there is only one.

The menu's are exactly the same.

I do YTD now and have for the past 8 or 10 cruises. It just fits with my style of cruising better.

I completely agree - which is why I want to hear the reasoning behind the comment that one is more desirable than the other.

On our cruise the maitre D was open between 1:30 and 3:30pm on the first day for requests. We asked if we could change tables to a more attractive table - it was denied.

Good luck!

I'm assuming that you felt the less desirable dining room was the forward dining room. What did you think was less desirable about it? It's a bit smaller, but it's staffed by a Maitre'd and several hostesses. The table configurations are the same and the menu is the same.

I actually prefer the forward dining room due to it's proximity to the lobby bar. On the occasion that I'm given a buzzer to wait for a table in YTD I enjoy a cocktail at the bar while I wait.

I also think the bar service in general is faster in the smaller forward dining room.

Archived