Alcohol on Princess Ruby

Penney Harley

How much alcohol can you bring on board without a problem? Can you pack a bottle of Tequila in your luggage?

Yes, you should have no problem, just make sure it won't break. I purchase my prefered liquor at home in a plastic bottle, then pack in checked luggage. Have not had any problem.

How much alcohol can you bring on board without a problem? Can you pack a bottle of Tequila in your luggage?

It is supposed to be one bottle of wine per legal adult, but we took three bottles in our carry-on in 2009. We were with three other couples who didn't bring anything, so they were willing to take the third bottle if it caused a problem. Princess didn't lose money from us, as there were numerous mixed drinks and beers purchased throughout the cruise.

On these boards, I have heard of people bringing a case of wine on with no problem, but I would not want to risk the possibility of having to forfeit 10 bottles.

Read on CC recently, that you can actually order bottles of hard liquor to have in your room only. I think two was the limit. Not to overpriced and then it was legit. You also could get mixer in your room.

Read on CC recently, that you can actually order bottles of hard liquor to have in your room only. I think two was the limit. Not to overpriced and then it was legit. You also could get mixer in your room.

I think you should review the prices again if you don't believe them to be overpriced as they are very much so.

I guess it depends on your idea of "overpriced", but Princess charges about $20 for 375ml bottle.

We just returned from 3/11-18 sailing on Ruby. I brought 1 black box of wine, 2 good bottles of wine, 2 liter bottles of water, a small 6 pack of cranberry juice, a liter bottle of ginger ale and 2 limes. All these were packaged in a box from Total Wine and a luggage tag was applied. The box did make it to the cabin, but it had been opened and searched. FWIW, this was spring break, so I don't know if that made restrictions tighter than usual. I feel sure that if there was alcohol in the box, I would have made a trip to the naughty room.

We purchased ourselves a "gift" of vodka prior to our cruise. The voucher was in our cabin and was delivered by room service. The cost was $17.50 for 375ml, I'm not sure what it would have been if we bought it aboard.

Archived