Anchorage to Seward train questions

gdpups

I have booked reservations for the train from Anchorage to Seward independent, not through Celebrity. I'd like to take an excursion as soon as we arrive and was wondering if luggage is transferred directly from the train to the cruise ship even though we didn't book the train transfer with Celebrity?? Will we have to collect our luggage and get it to the ship ourselves?? Thanks for your help!

The Celebrity train, is a completely different train, and does not use the depot.

In the past- there have been both reports of cruiselines, picking up luggage, then the following year reports, they don't. This has gone on and on over the years. Me, I wouldn't use the transfer anyway. I want to verify my bags have made it to the dock, and will deliver them myself.

You are going to have to wait and find out, the current service. You will know, right from the Anchorage depot. I would then verify it directly with the Seward Railroad staff.

Archived