HAL Dock in S.F.?

maxout

For the next couple of years, it may not be consistant, as SF prepares to host the Americas Cup. Pier 29 is going to be remodeled, will be the cruise ship dock, and can be used during construction, but not all the time. Pier 35 isn't being used anymore, as I understand it. Pier 30-32 is occaisionally used, as it Pier 27.

For the next couple of years, it may not be consistant, as SF prepares to host the Americas Cup. Pier 29 is going to be remodeled, will be the cruise ship dock, and can be used during construction, but not all the time. Pier 35 isn't being used anymore, as I understand it. Pier 30-32 is occaisionally used, as it Pier 27.

Thanks,

It seems I read somewhere that the planned remodel of the port/docking facilities for the America's Cup had been significantly "toned down" do to ballooning costs.

The new cruise terminal got sped up a little because of the Americas Cup, and construction is under way. The support facilities for the Americas Cup got trimmed a little- as of now- due to alleged lower demand by competitors, and cost. However, some of this may be negiotiation points. We won't know for another few months, probably.

Port of San Francisco is still using Pier 35 for passenger traffic all the way through to November 2014 - Nothing has changed.

http://sf-port.org/index.aspx?page=1801

Nov 2014 is when the new facilities on Pier 27 are due to be completed for passenger use

(But most likely won't happen until 2015 the way this town operates...)

http://www.sfport.com/index.aspx?page=282

Archived